Photo (map) gallery

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
This works:

div.node-snippet { color:gray; font-size:90%; }

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo,

I have a sub directory that I would like to NOT show in the listing of topics at the main app level:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Vintage-Ski-Maps-of-NY-f4642516.html

Is this possible?  How complicated is it?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey

Correction/clarification:

It's not.that I.don't want the sub directory to.show.  I don't want the individual topics to show.

(via mobile)

On Mar 31, 2012 10:29 AM, "Harvey44 [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hugo,

I have a sub directory that I would like to NOT show in the listing of topics at the main app level:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Vintage-Ski-Maps-of-NY-f4642516.html

Is this possible?  How complicated is it?

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7424853.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Please try overriding the VIEW permission.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey

Hugo

I want anyone to be able to see the contents of the subdirectory, just don't want individual topics to snow at the top level.

Basically the contents of that directory aren't ski areas so they would be mislabeled.

(via mobile)

On Mar 31, 2012 1:13 PM, "Hugo &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please try overriding the VIEW permission.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7425239.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Please try overriding the VIEW permission, including the ANYONE group.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Please try overriding the VIEW permission, including the ANYONE group.
Won't that make the sub-app private?

Or are you talking about a change to the NAML?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Harvey44 wrote
I had removed the THREADED option from the original app.  This may have been a modification I made, so I will try to make it again.
I can help you with this, but I need a map page with comments. I couldn't find any. Please post a link if you have one.
Here's a listing with a test comment:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Belleayre-Ski-Center-td4642457.html

Actually what I'd REALLY want is to only have the LIST option (vs THREADED or CLASSIC) IF it wouldn't list the 2nd and 3rd posts (my original posts) in the LIST view.

Let me hear what you think before you do anything because I may want to add a 4TH post as part of the original 3.

Hugo - I'll stick with just removing THREADED and LIST views from the app the way we did with the forum.  As I recall it was a fairly simple override, I just can't remember how we did it.

EDIT:

I think I found it under:

view_selectors

Do I just remove lines 1329 through 1335?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Please try overriding the VIEW permission, including the ANYONE group.
I think I understand why we aren't in synch on this.

I want ANYONE to be able to see the contents of the sub-app AND COMMENT.

Re: Photo (map)

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Please try overriding the VIEW permission, including the ANYONE group.
I think I understand why we aren't in synch on this.
I want ANYONE to be able to see the contents of the sub-app AND COMMENT.
Okay. But I think you should still try overriding the VIEW permission and keep the ANYONE box selected in that subapp. Although I am not completely sure, I believe the code will hide posts from that app in the root level because it will consider that area private. Thus it solves your problem. Please try that and let me know if it works or not.

Re: Photo (map)

Thanks that works.  I'd also like to remove the word "threaded" in the upper right of the reply area next to REPLY.  We did that too in the forum, I just can't remember how.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Harvey44 wrote
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Please try overriding the VIEW permission, including the ANYONE group.
I think I understand why we aren't in synch on this.
I want ANYONE to be able to see the contents of the sub-app AND COMMENT.
Okay. But I think you should still try overriding the VIEW permission and keep the ANYONE box selected in that subapp. Although I am not completely sure, I believe the code will hide posts from that app in the root level because it will consider that area private. Thus it solves your problem. Please try that and let me know if it works or not.

I don't understand.  Allow ANYONE to VIEW the subapp - meaning leave ANYONE checked in permissions for the sub app?

When I check ANYONE the topic becomes visible in the root app.  How do I override that?

Clearly you mean something that I don't follow.  Sorry to be dense.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
I'd also like to remove the word "threaded" in the upper right of the reply area next to REPLY.  We did that too in the forum, I just can't remember how.
Done, please take a look.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Thank Hugo, looks perfect. I'm pretty sure I did it last time (vs you) and I went in to find "edited macros" but it looks like the filing system may have changed.  (What is the name of the macro?)

Thx again.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
I don't understand.  Allow ANYONE to VIEW the subapp - meaning leave ANYONE checked in permissions for the sub app?
When I check ANYONE the topic becomes visible in the root app.  How do I override that?
Clearly you mean something that I don't follow.  Sorry to be dense.
My assumption was wrong, sorry. I will have to edit the NAML code to filter that subdirectory out. Please post here the link to the subapps that shouldn't be listed at the root level and I will try something.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I'd like to do it with each of these. Maybe just try it on one first:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Ski-Area-History-f4691417.html

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Vintage-Ski-Memorabilia-f4642516.html

Ideally I could do TWO things with these sub-apps:

1)  not have the name of new posts appear at the root level.

2) where they do appear in the sub-root directory the name appearing in the sub-root could be customized or different from the title of  the first post.  < Let me know if you understand what I mean here.

BTW Hugo i really appreciate the work you've done to customize this app for me. It's really looking great.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
I'd like to do it with each of these. Maybe just try it on one first:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Ski-Area-History-f4691417.html
http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Vintage-Ski-Memorabilia-f4642516.html

Ideally I could do TWO things with these sub-apps:

1)  not have the name of new posts appear at the root level.
Done for both.
Harvey44 wrote
2) where they do appear in the sub-root directory the name appearing in the sub-root could be customized or different from the title of  the first post.  < Let me know if you understand what I mean here.
I guess I understand. You basically want two titles for the same post, correct? This is not simple, but it is doable. I just don't think this is a good idea because users would get something (slightly) different from what they thought. Since the title would change when the post opens, they could get upset.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Thanks for the first.

Harvey44 wrote
2) where they do appear in the sub-root directory the name appearing in the sub-root could be customized or different from the title of  the first post.  < Let me know if you understand what I mean here.
I guess I understand. You basically want two titles for the same post, correct? This is not simple, but it is doable. I just don't think this is a good idea because users would get something (slightly) different from what they thought. Since the title would change when the post opens, they could get upset.

Here's my concern.

I want to break out the "HISTORY" part of each mountain profile into a separate sub-app.  I think the main level would look odd if it said this within the History sub-app:

"The History of Mountain A"
"The History of Mountain B"
"The History of Mountain C"
"The History of Mountain D"
"The History of Mountain E"

etc..

so I was thinking that if the top level just said:

"Mountain A"
"Mountain B"
"Mountain C"
"Mountain D"
"Mountain E"

that would make more sense.  But once inside the article, I'd like it to have  the title:

"The History of Mountain A"

etc.

Can you think of another way to solve this?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Maybe you could keep all titles "Mountain X", but then you add a sub-section (H2) inside the article with the history of the mountain. So at the very top users would still see "Mountain X", but a little bit below another header would say "The History of Mountain X". This would look more natural to me.