Photo (map) gallery

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I did actually think about that and I tried it for looks. It's not ideal to me visually.

Could your write something that adds a prefix (The History of) on the inside?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe you could keep all titles "Mountain X", but then you add a sub-section (H2) inside the article with the history of the mountain. So at the very top users would still see "Mountain X", but a little bit below another header would say "The History of Mountain X". This would look more natural to me.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://support.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7454874.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Could your write something that adds a prefix (The History of) on the inside?
Done, please take a look.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo - this is a happening in ALL directories.

I need it ONLY in the HISTORY sub-app:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Ski-Area-History-f4691417.html

If this is complicated please undo the change you made until we can figure it out.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
I fixed it. It was not clear that it should affect just one subforum.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I fixed it. It was not clear that it should affect just one subforum.

Hugo two issues that have resurfaced with the fix in the directories:

Images are now showing on the root page - we had removed those.

Comment counts are no longer starting at -3 (negative 3) and working back to zero.

Also for some reason the fonts I'm specifying in APPEARANCE (Trebuchet MS) don't seem to be applying in all cases.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
I found the problem and fixed it.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I'm seeing this:

No css, fonts default, images on homepage. And also the read more link. What are you seeing?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Sorry, I fixed that too. You should create a post under "Ski Area History" so that I can better test the NAML code.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey

Test.post made.  Thanks.

(via mobile)

On Apr 11, 2012 2:17 PM, "Hugo &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry, I fixed that too. You should create a post under "Ski Area History" so that I can better test the NAML code.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://support.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7456988.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
One little oddity.

It seems that the title tag for the nordic sub-app don't consistently load:

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Nordic-Ski-Areas-f4642515.html

Above is the title tag for the main app, not the sub app.

Main directory:  http://directory.nyskiblog.com/

It seems to work ok for all other posts and sub-apps within the main directory using the bread crumb links at the top left:

To see this click back and forth between the nordic directory and the main directory.

Could this be related to permissions?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
For some reason page 2 of the Nordic sub-app of the directory has a title tag that looks like it comes from the forum:

Actually it looks like all the sub-directories do, except the main root app repeats the first one- not getting a page number so it has all duplicates.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
It looks like we need to tweek default_app_title_contents

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
OK I figured out how to correct the title tags on the subsequent pages.

As they say "even a blind squirrel occassionally finds an acorn."

But for some reason the root app of the directory does not display different title tags for subsequent pages.

I have a feeling this can be fixed by editing a macro override?

I tried app_title_contents but the one in the directory is identical to the one in the forum (which works) so it can't be that one. I think.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Another Question:

At the root level, and in subcategories, I want the ski areas to be alphabetized.  Right now they are organized by TIME - most recent post at the top.

To put them in alpha order, I've created a master list of names and specifically set  the post times to alphabetize them.  It's kind of a pain, but not impossible. Ultimately I'll have maybe 80 ski areas and once I do it (set the times) it will be done.

I was smart enough to leave space BETWEEN the times by going 10:00, 10:05, 10:10 etc so I could add additional ski areas IN BETWEEN.

If there is an easy way to alphabetize vs organize by time I would request it.  If it would take you hours to make that work, I'll just handle the time method myself.
Hugo now that you've done such a masterful job hiding certain posts from the root level, the alphabetization would be very useful.  In the sub-app history is where I need it most.  Complicated?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
But for some reason the root app of the directory does not display different title tags for subsequent pages.
I fixed this. Besides changing the NAML code of your app, our embedding code also had a bug. All titles should be updated from now on.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Thanks H.

One minor detail:

The main root still COUNTS the non-displayed posts in the history sub-app:

There are 54 ski areas showing and the one that is hidden is included in the count.

Not a huge rush or anything.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
For some reason the profiles of people who've commented are generating duplicates:

Not positive but I don't think the same thing is a happening in the forum.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Hugo now that you've done such a masterful job hiding certain posts from the root level, the alphabetization would be very useful.  In the sub-app history is where I need it most.  Complicated?
I created a ticket for this. We will work on it.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Harvey44 wrote
Hugo now that you've done such a masterful job hiding certain posts from the root level, the alphabetization would be very useful.  In the sub-app history is where I need it most.  Complicated?
I created a ticket for this. We will work on it.
If it's easier to make this across the entire directory, lets do that.

Do not want this for the magazine or forum.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
For some reason the profiles of people who've commented are generating duplicates...
I made a small change to the user profile page. Soon google should update its index and keep only page 1 indexed.