Photo (map) gallery

1234567 ... 9

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Hugo the line looks good. Is it something I can edit? I'd like to try it 2 px wide and in the blue color.
You should edit the override I created for the root_post_message macro (click here). You should change the border-top style in line 65.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Harvey44 wrote
Hugo the line looks good. Is it something I can edit? I'd like to try it 2 px wide and in the blue color.
You should edit the override I created for the root_post_message macro (click here). You should change the border-top style in line 65.
I  like being able to edit the first override. I tried the line about 10 different ways and I'm glad I don't have 10 overrides.

That is fantastic service thank you.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Question - I am still confused about how the second and subsequent pages will look. I guess I could post 10 dummy comments to see it.

But if it's simple to have them just be a continuation of what is happening at the bottom of page one, that is what I would want.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Question - I am still confused about how the second and subsequent pages will look. I guess I could post 10 dummy comments to see it.
You can try that and see how it looks. It is pretty much the same as a magazine page: all pages show the article at the top (in this case the article is post 1 + post 2 +  post 3)  and comments at the bottom.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I'd like the second page to just continue with comments - ie look like an extension of the bottom of page one - as there will be no new content on page 2, just comments.

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
I did this, please check. Only page 1 shows the map image, stats, etc.
Page 2 (and beyond) shows comments only.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo - within my third post in each entry (mountain history) - I'd like to be able to apply paragraph tag
 the way I do in the magazine.

Can you help me find the CSS in the magazine that I need to add to the subforum to make this work?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Also - for a time, I am going to "lock topics"  - ie don;t allow comments.

Could this screen NOT show COMMENT when that is true?

Or alternatively could this screen offer a CANCEL option?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Hugo - within my third post in each entry (mountain history) - I'd like to be able to apply paragraph tag
 the way I do in the magazine.

Can you help me find the CSS in the magazine that I need to add to the subforum to make this work?
You have to write the post in the HTML format. The CSS code is just to style the paragraph. If the current style is not what you want, please post a link to a map page that has paragraphs and I will take a look at the CSS.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I have been doing the posts in html format. In the magazine, when I add  the "p" tags I get and indented text area, and a slighty different font, I think. For now I quess I'd just like to have the indent.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Harvey44 wrote
Hugo - within my third post in each entry (mountain history) - I'd like to be able to apply paragraph tag
 the way I do in the magazine.

Can you help me find the CSS in the magazine that I need to add to the subforum to make this work?
You have to write the post in the HTML format. The CSS code is just to style the paragraph. If the current style is not what you want, please post a link to a map page that has paragraphs and I will take a look at the CSS.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7369118.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
A CSS rule like this should work:
div.root-text p { margin-left:2em }

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey44 wrote
Could this screen NOT show COMMENT when that is true?
Done. You have to refresh the page after you lock/unlock the topic.
Harvey44 wrote
Or alternatively could this screen offer a CANCEL option?
Yes. I changed our core NAML files because this makes sense for all Nabble sites. This will be available after the next release.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
NICE. Thank you. :)

Harvey44 wrote

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Photo-map-gallery-tp7043636p7369810.html
To unsubscribe from Photo (map) gallery, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: www.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Hugo - how hard would it be to put the whole directory

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/NY-Ski-Area-Profiles-f3405896.html

onto a new subdomain like

directory.nyskiblog.com

?

I'd need another application right?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, you would have to move that sub-forum to a new independent app. That's the only way possible.

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
I could use some guidance. It's been two years since I did this.

So from your end, if I could set up the subdomain, it would be easy?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
It should be easy. The first thing you would have to do is create another app. You can create one from our homepage, but that will be created on the n6 server. If you want to keep the app on the same server where your forum and magazine are, then I will have to create it for you (just let me know). After that you can move the maps directory to the newly created app (use the "Options > Structure > Change parent" option) and change the appearance, etc. Later I will have to move part of that NAML code to the new app as well.

Re: Photo (map)

In host name I'd add directory.nyskiblog.com?

Then what would I put in IP address?

Re: Photo (map)

Harvey
Oh wait, in that space would be the address of the new Nabble app right?

There is some work involved. I need to set up static pages and widgets for embedding.

But from your side, you've got to somehow redirect

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/NY-Ski-Area-Profiles-f3405896.html

to the new app address?

Re: Photo (map)

Hugo <Nabble>
You will see the DNS instructions when you click on the "Options > Application > Change domain name" option. So – first – I think you should create a new "newspaper" from our homepage and make your sub-domain work. Then later we can work on the other issues.
1234567 ... 9