Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
Dear Support Team,

I'm a member of runrev nabble:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/
and a subscriber of the list:

After setting up my corporate e-mail and abandoning gmail,
I unsubscribed and re-subscribed with my new e-mail to the list.
Apparently,
Nabble crawls its archives/lists and created an unregistered account for me.
Many thanks for not getting my consent, btw.

Anyway,
I registered that *automatically, without my consent* created account, removed it in order to free my e-mail, even unsubscribed from the list.
Now, all my posts are removed {a casualty which I've accepted beforehand}, no subscription, no registered account on Nabble;
but Nabble still doesn't allow me to update my e-mail and says that it's in use.

I've asked in free support, apparently admins are too busy to answer ridiculous questions like "HELLLP MEE, PLZZZZ".

Since I'm a paid customer now,
could you kindly please *remove that e-mail from your database* so I can update my old one?

I didn't write my old & new e-mails here 'cause I don't want them caught by spam-hunters.
I can send a private e-mail to the support team / admins
or do otherwise as you suggest.

Thanks,

~ Ender Nafi Elekcioglu

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

Pedro
Hi,
Note that you have to unsubscribe from Nabble app and the mail list it self.
Please, send me your email to pedro@nabble.com and I will remove you from Nabble app.

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

GregChapman
Hi Pedro,

In my recent response at:
http://support.nabble.com/Updating-E-mail-Associated-with-my-Account-tp7589114p7589195.html
I was assuming that endernafi :

• still wanted to receive current list traffic via the mailman list
• wasn't subscribed via Nabble
• only wanted access to the archive to view old posts from before his subscription (and perhaps respond to them).

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
Greg,

I've sent an e-mail to Pedro already and awaiting reply.
But I'll write here and under the post in free support for future reference.

First the recipe for whoever wants to update her/his e-mail.
* Login to Nabble and update your e-mail.
* Go to List settings, unsubscribe your old e-mail.
* Then re-subscribe using your new e-mail.

If you do it in reverse order, like I did, be ready for some troubles.
Here's my story, a little tangled of course:
* I've subscribed to the List with e-mail A about 10 months ago.
* Right after subscription I've signed up to Nabble again with e-mail A.
* Two weeks ago, I wanted to update my e-mail from A to B.
* I should FIRST update my Nabble account, now I know that :)
* But instead, I unsubscribed from the List with A.
* Then subscribed to the List with B.
* Then tried to update my Nabble account.
* Nabble said that B is in use.
* I've unsubscribed with B.
* Nabble said that B is in use.
* I registered automatically-created account of B.
* Closed it via Remove Account option.
* Logged in to my old account to change my e-mail from A to B, again.
* Nabble still says that B is in use.

That's when I consulted to you.
Btw, I keep trying last two actions.
I thought maybe Nabble needs some time to update its database.

By Nabble, I mean this -> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/

Like I stated before, I already sent an e-mail to Pedro, this post is just for future reference.

Best,

~ Ender

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
My problem is solved yesterday thanks to the patience and expertise of Pedro.

~ Ender