Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
Hi all,

I'm a member of runrev nabble:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/
and a subscriber of the list:

After setting up my corporate e-mail and abandoning gmail,
I unsubscribed and re-subscribed with my new e-mail to the list.
Apparently,
Nabble crawls its archives/lists and created an unregistered account for me.
Many thanks for not getting my consent, btw.

Anyway,
I registered that *automatically, without my consent* created account, removed it in order to free my e-mail, even unsubscribed from the list.
Now, all my posts are removed {a casualty which I've accepted beforehand}, no subscription, no registered account on Nabble;
but Nabble still doesn't allow me to update my e-mail and says that it's in use.

How can I remove my corporate e-mail from Nabble's database and replace my gmail?

Thanks for any help...

Best,

~ Ender Nafi Elekcioglu

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

GregChapman
Hi,

All that you do to amend your currently registered address is login to your registered user account on the mail list archive, click on your username at the top right and select:

Account settings > Edit Personal Information > Change email

and the job is done!

endernafi wrote
After setting up my corporate e-mail and abandoning gmail,
I unsubscribed and re-subscribed with my new e-mail to the list.
A good first step!
Apparently, Nabble crawls its archives/lists and created an unregistered account for me.
Nabble will only recognise a user who posts via its interface. No user is created on it's database just when viewing. This suggests you are leaving something significant out of your description of what you did, e.g.:
Have you ever posted via Nabble before changing your address?
Have you had posts successfully delivered to the archive previously when posting this way?
Did you attempt to post via Nabble without logging in to your account?
Anyway, I registered that *automatically, without my consent* created account, removed it in order to free my e-mail, even unsubscribed from the list.

Now, all my posts are removed {a casualty which I've accepted beforehand}, no subscription, no registered account on Nabble.
As you say, you are fully warned of the implications for the archive - and it's why you should never delete an account unless you want to destroy all record of your participation on the list from the archive. Clearly an action that was way beyond what you wanted to achieve and you are now suffering the consequences.
Nabble still doesn't allow me to update my e-mail and says that it's in use.
Perhaps it is! You haven't mentioned what happened to your original registered account. (I assume you did have one!) You only talk of the actions taken on the "new - without my consent" account.
How can I remove my corporate e-mail from Nabble's database and replace my gmail?
I described how you change a registered address at the top of this message.
We need a better description about your two accounts and whether the original still exists before further help can be given.

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
GregChapman wrote
All that you do to amend your currently registered address is login to your registered user account on the mail list archive, click on your username at the top right and select:

Account settings > Edit Personal Information > Change email

and the job is done!
If I did that at the beginning, I wouldn't have faced these issues now; you're absolutely right :)

GregChapman wrote
You haven't mentioned what happened to your original registered account. (I assume you did have one!) You only talk of the actions taken on the "new - without my consent" account.
My original account is still active; my posts of last year are intact, too.
I'm keeping it while I'm waiting my new e-mail is freed from the database.

Below will be repetition but I want to put it anyway for future reference:

First, the recipe for those who wants to update her/his e-mail.
* Login to Nabble and update your e-mail; this should be absolutely first step.
* Go to List settings, unsubscribe your old e-mail.
* Then re-subscribe using your new e-mail.

If you do it in reverse order, like I did, be ready for some troubles.
Here's my story, a little tangled of course:
* I've subscribed to the List with e-mail A about 10 months ago.
* Right after subscription I've signed up to Nabble with e-mail A.
* Two weeks ago, I wanted to update my e-mail from A to B.
* I should FIRST update my Nabble account, now I know that :)
* But instead, I unsubscribed from the List with A.
* Then subscribed to the List with B.
* Then tried to update my Nabble account.
* Nabble said that B is in use.
* I've unsubscribed with B.
* Nabble said that B is in use.
* I registered automatically-created account of B.
* Closed it via Remove Account option.
* Logged in to my old account to change my e-mail from A to B, again.
* Nabble still says that B is in use.

That's when I consulted to you.
Btw, I keep trying last two actions.
I thought maybe Nabble needs some time to update its database, apparently this is not the case.

By Nabble, I mean this -> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/

Like I stated before, this part is just for future reference.

Best,

~ Ender

Re: Updating E-mail Associated with my Account

endernafi
My problem is solved yesterday thanks to the patience and expertise of Pedro.

Greg, I want to thank you, too, for your time.

Best,

~ Ender