Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Atharva
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
There is a bug which does not allow embedded forums work properly.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Atharva
How can I solve the bug

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Is there any way to ask someone to build a website for you? We believe that this problem is related with some platforms such as blogger, weebly and etc...
One of our users has her own site and our forum works fine.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
I have a Nabble forum embedded on a Weebly website.  And what I'm seeing on the Knowitian site is what I see when I don't have the forum secured with https and do have the website secured with https.

In the screen snag below I've circled the link to the forum on the Nabble server, which is exactly what I get with the website secured and the forum not.  And then when I click on the link and am taken to the forum on the Nabble server I see that the link isn't https.

Israel - I think if you enable https on her forum it'll come up on her web page.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Rick

When I pull that link up, and click on the small " knowitan forum " to the left, the Nabble forum page comes up.

What more are you looking for?

From what I see, you have a home, or front page, that uses Nabble for your 2nd, or forums page.

Same as my site, cyclevisor.com.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
What is wanted is that the forum will show on the page at https://www.knowitian.com/p/forum.html.  Instead, the link shows.  That's because the site has https and the forum, at http://knowitian-forum.403.s1.nabble.com/) doesn't.  So if Israel enables the "s" on the forum it'll work.

Your site, Rick, is the same way.  You have a link on your home page to the forum, but the forum isn't embedded on your site.  And it can't be because your site is secure and the forum isn't.

Check out my site: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/.  That page is on Weebly but the forum is on Nabble.  However, since both the site and the forum are secure I can embed the forum on my site and it looks as if it is really one and the same.  But the Bullnose Forum text and the menu at the top of the page are from Weebly, not Nabble.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Rick
Ya, I checked your place out and figured as much.

Which brings this question, why have weebly at all?
What does weebly give you?

Could you not just build a Nabble Forum site?  I do not see any extra features on garysgarage.
Why go thru the added hassle of mixing them together?

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
LOL!  Go to Documentation in the menu and use some of the drop-downs.  There are over 500 web pages of documentation, and many of those web pages have multi-page documents on them.  I've lost track, but there are probably over 10,000 pages of Ford documentation on the site, all specific to the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks.

I can easily say it is the best website on those vehicles in the world - because there isn't another.  We have a complete package of forum and documentation in what looks to be one place.  And very few people know that they are running on two different sets of servers.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Rick
Holy crap guy.  That is a lot of stuff.

I think the deal I have offers weebly, maybe Wordpress.
Seeing how you went about it is kind of an eye opener. I have thought about expanding, but in a different sort of way. I mean, I'd love to be able to sell and run some ads.

I think my deal with my host is 4 pages.  The front, I'm using.  Page 2 is the Nabble forum.   That leaves me 2 more pages I'm not utilizing. Which I'd like to do. An auction page, a classified page, whatever.
Thing is, it gets effing complex real quick.  Each page has its own passwords, and ways to build that page.
With their own quirks.

As far as the https thing, ya, I did have them both https for awhile, but I think I lost https on the Nabble forum when we were moved to the new server. Either way, they were always separate entities.

This is what I was thinking as far as what you are doing Gary.  Tools has some stuff over there that is pretty exclusive to a certain type of motorcycle.  And as far as I cans see, is using nothing but Nabble.
http://vintage-and-classic-hondas.81.s1.nabble.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
On the https, I think Israel would re-enable it for you on your forum.  Then you could actually use the 2nd page of your website to embed the forum and it would look integrated into the website.

As for Vintage And Classic Hondas, I had a 750 K2, so that takes me way back.  But I'm doing things on my site that I don't think can be done on Nabble.  Or, maybe I should say "not without coding html or NAML".  For instance, I have tabs on pages, so when you get onto a subject you don't have to go elsewhere.  Take the conversion to a 3G alternator as an example.  Once you've gone to that page you have everything you need to know about the conversion right there.

However, I'm not touting Weebly as the right way to go about building a website.  If I knew then what I know now I'd not have picked them.  There are broken things that they won't even acknowledge, much less fix.  And managing a large website like mine is a real pain.  But there is no migration path.  Like Nabble, no one offers a conversion routine.  Or, maybe I should say that those that offer cannot deliver as some say they do.  But I've tried theirs and they are a FAR cry from working.

So I'm stuck.  Don't be like Gary and get stuck.

How you embedded the forum in your website. Why I'm not able to do it 😞

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
You have it embedded on your page.  I can see it in the source code for your page, shown below.  And I've highlighted the embedding code, which looks almost identical to my embedding code so I know it is right.

But it will never show up on the page as anything more than a link when your website is https and your forum is http.  Never.

So all that needs to be done is for Israel, or someone at Nabble, to turn https on for your forum.  But you are going to have to request it as they won't, and shouldn't, do it for me.  It is your forum and they shouldn't change things without you requesting the change.

Simply reply to this with "Nabble/Israel, please turn https on for my forum, which is http://knowitian-forum.403.s1.nabble.com/."  Or, for more visibility, start a new topic entitled something like Please Enable HTTPS and say the same thing.

Once they've done that you should have to replace the code I've highlighted with the new embed code that you will find on your forum at Options/Embedding Options.  Follow the instructions that say "To add this forum to your website, copy and paste the following code on your HTML page:"

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

GregChapman
Hi Gary,

For most platforms I'd agree with what you say about needing to have https turned on, but there's been a long term issue with Blogger and in this case I believe Israel is right as things got worse for Blogger users after some of the Nabble updates in the last year.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
Thanks, Greg.  I wasn't aware of that.

Sure glad you chimed in.  However, might it be worth turning https on just to find out?  Can it hurt anything?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Atharva
Did you did the same thing, requesting Nabble/Israel to trun https  on your Nabble forum to embedded the forum in your website?

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Getting https turned on certainly won't hurt anything and is definitely necessary if a Nabble forum is to be embedded in a site set to use https itself.

However, it won't impact on the bugs to which Israel refers and my belief is that the changes in Nabble over the last 15 months or so has made it more difficult, if not impossible, to get Nabble to work with Blogger, hence Israel's suggestion of engaging an expert to assist.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Gary Lewis
Atharva wrote
Did you did the same thing, requesting Nabble/Israel to trun https  on your Nabble forum to embedded the forum in your website?
Technically no, I didn't request it.  But when they moved my forum from N8 to S1 there were problems and Nabble turned it on to see if it would solve those problems, and it did.

Greg is probably right that it won't fix your problems.  But it won't hurt anything either, so it is worth a try.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website.

Atharva
I didn't get it Gary. What are N8 and S1.
Should I ask Israel to trun on https on my Nabble forum, and will he turn it on? How should I request him.
Please help me.
12