Your wish list for Nabble

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

SteveM
Can we have a 'moderator' group, with the option to turn on and off features available to this group such as locking threads, stickying threads or banning other members?

At present it appears you can either have no privileges or all of them; this can be dangerous if you want to put your trust in someone else, and they end up deleting your forum!

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Hugo <Nabble>
The current permission system addresses this issue. This will probably solve your problem.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

On the forum homepage - a way to click to the last page of the thread (Classic View) in one click.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

John Yeoman
The two main topics on my wish list are these:

#1: charge us for our usage. Pro rata, by views per forum. So we have a contractual relationship with Nabble. Then we'll know, as admins, exactly what we're getting. And we can beef, when we don't get it. Right now, Nabble is a beta-site. All of the admins are beta-testers. That's okay, while we pay nothing, except when we have serious issues. Like when, we have serious commercial sites on-line, as I do. And Nabble changes the rules. Overnight. And drives us all to despair...

#2: Stop threatening our forums with deletion! Once we've paid a fee, our forums should be immortal. It should be no business of Nabble to delete our forums, if nobody has visited them of late. Most of my forums are archival. I don't expect frequent traffic!

I've just had a member complain that she received an email that her thread was scheduled for deletion, because nobody had visited it for 90 days. She received that warning. I didn't. Yet I am the forum admin!

Once I put up a forum, I don't expect it to be so fragile.

Hugo, please charge us somethng. Then, contractually, promise never to delete our forums! Please?

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.