Your wish list for Nabble

ACP

☪Not_A_Admin
Give it a powerfull admin control panel like phpbb 3.0.5 or vbulletin
( i am using phpbb so far, im not convinced that nabble meets the high requirements.)

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Savings for You!
I would like to be able to use widgets (javascript)
Check out Savings for You!
Your online shopping coupon code & deal source!

Sign up at Karmaloop.com now!Use Rep Code SAVE4YOU for every order for 20% off first order, 10% every order after that....FOREVER, or stack with another coupon cope for an additional 1% off that offer!Keep Rep Code SAVE4YOU handy for every Karmaloop order - and don't be greedy! ...

Karmaloop.com

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Justin Kelly
+ 1 private messages

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Jake-FVF
Definitely Private Messages and New Smilies, the current Smilies are an eyesore on my site. Other than these 2 things I have really been enjoying the forums ease of use. My site's viewers have a small attention span, so not having to sign up or login and just being able to post has really helped encourage use of the forums.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

John Yeoman
A late entry, but... I wish it was possible for the site owner (only) to see the email addresses of members alongside their user names. I need constant access to this information. Why? Members pay me via PayPal to subscribe to a private (closed) Nabble forum on my site. PayPal gives me their real names and email addresses. So far, I have control. I can direct the new member to a form on my site which captures their desired user name plus email address. I can then correlate the two and keep the linked data on a database.

I then manually enter their user name and email address in the Nabble forum. The member clicks on the verification link sent by Nabble and, lo, s/he has full access to the forum. That's clunky but do-able - in a low-traffic forum. However...

suppose the member stops paying me? I want to ban them from my forum. I can't do that. Why? Because the member has probably changed their profile details meanwhile: user name, email and password. The member has become invisible. I cannot correlate their new user name with the data in my database. I cannot send them a sweet email asking them to resubscribe.They get a free ride forever.

With several thousand paying members on a forum, that represents a substantial loss of income. (It helped to ruin my last site.)

Is there any way that Nabble site owners can see the emails (plus user names) of their members? It's available at Lefora...

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Shoe
- ability to click on an icon or link that will jump you to only the posts after your last post on a given thread is a feature many of my usere have requested.

also in the login page a checkbox to remember  my username and password each time i go to the forum
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.
-The Tick

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

We are discussing this internally. I will let you know how it goes.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

John Yeoman
Hugo, may your tongue be fructified by the eloquence of Hermes...

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

ToddAlbert
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE:

1) Integrate membership with list membership, so subscribers need not register with Nabble to post replies.

and

2) Allow the option for replies to NOT be forwarded to the list! *

* I run a list where we are trying to move discussions OFF the list.  See http://cryolist.org/posting/ for an explanation.

#2 is my highest priority and shouldn't be hard to implement, I imagine.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Planet Jackson

2. User profile pages that show more than just their posts and allow them to share info about themselves.

This should be added soon.

Has this been added since this post a year ago?  I haven't noticed the option on the profile pages.

3. Remove the 'Nabble owns all your content' language in the terms of use.  (I wouldn't mind if I had a public forum--that's all in the public domain anyway--but I'm running a private forum and am bothered by the idea that Nabble owns my users' content.  My users would be very upset to see anything they wrote in our private forum displayed by Nabble or otherwise made public.)

We will never make public a private content, unless the forum owner wants to do so. The only exception to this case is when a thread is removed from a private forum. This makes the thread public in the author's profile page, but we are working on a fix for this...

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Has this fix been implemented since this post a year ago?
Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Planet Jackson
I second whomever posted about these topics:

1.  more smileys.  We need more variety!
2.  customizable text and/or rich text editing.  I would love to be able to change the font, font color, font size, and highlight or underline things without having to write in HTML code.

I would also like the option to remove the "Free Forum" language at the bottom of the page and to see a PM and chat feature.

I find it tedious and ineffective to search for other forums on the Nabble network using the Google feature.  Nabble should be searchable using a small set of owner-defined keywords.

Klamm wrote:  "I think its great at it is. The only thing I don´t like is that I think that forum owners should have more control over the post published by its members. If I want to delete something in my forum, the post is not really deleted, its still there in the web. The ownership of the enviroment where posts are published should primate over the mail address ownership. "

^^^I agree with this.  Forum owners should have more control and ownership over their forums.  Plus, when I delete something, it gets sent to MY profile page.  This is very distressing since, the things I delete are either 1) spam or 2) something I found highly offensive and wanted to get rid of.  Now it could be potentially stuck under my name.

<quote author="John Yeoman">
A late entry, but... I wish it was possible for the site owner (only) to see the email addresses of members alongside their user names.

^^^I agree with this.  The member authorization e-mail gives you usernames and e-mail addresses, but if someone changes this information, you cannot find them.  I would also like some easy, user-friendly way to send out a monthly e-mail detailing the updates to my site.

Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RE: Your wish list for Nabble

skysenshi
1. The ability to disable images in signatures. I'm really gunning for a very clean look. :) Plus I think it would be easier on your bandwidth if I have this option.

2. Private messaging.

3. Admin ranking (so I can assign moderators with lesser admin powers when I'm not around to watch out for flamers and spammers).
I'm a woman, hear me roar!
http://www.skysenshi.com

Searches should not exclude private areas

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
#1 I treat as a blocker.

1. Searches should not exclude private areas; search is of paramount importance. If a search can't reveal the forum in which something exists, how can I guess where that thing is?
Please, does the recent custom DN option take us a step closer to the possibility of Nabble searches to include private areas?

oh

☪Not_A_Admin
i also think that it needs a way which u can embed flash stuff below the forum and add Google ads on the top or side.
this wiykd be best way to make money

Re: oh

Ruralinfo.net
I would just like to add to the wish list

I am in the process of archiving some of my posts from earlier years.  I would like to have the ability to move posts in bulk.  It is very tedious to move posts to an archive one by one.

Also, I like the idea of more customizable templates, which I think I read are coming soon..

Thats all Ive got for now, but thank you guys for a wonderful product..
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has..

RE: Your wish list for Nabble

Thanita
Would love an "Email all members" feature.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

donharrison
l think the ability to display a "linked" page within a forum post, once its clicked,
rather then its own seperate window would be great.
this would need scrolling bar's, but would keep the user connected to the forum,
when clicking link's within post's to other pages.

cheers Don.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Don, we have a feature to force links (within posts) to open in a different tab. This makes sure users won't leave the forum when they click on a link posted by someone. Is this more or less what you need?

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

donharrison
close, but what l'm thinking is a bit like the way we can view a youtube clip within a post, how about
we view another website, within the forum post on our site...

cheers Don.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Marc Martin
I'm too new here to come up with 5 things, but one thing that would be nice would be to have an option where the email digests show the complete text of the messages (rather than a preview and links to the website)
12345