Your wish list for Nabble

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

rauschma
My number one wish for Nabble2 is simplified configuration. The menus make it difficult to figure out what is going one. I would prefer a single form that expands as more things are configured. This form would only appear if an admin is logged in, appended at the end of each web page. Another possibility is to have an edit mode where (i.e., one can toggle the configuration form).

excellence

Graham Perrin
Pinaki Poddar wrote
… we are greatly benefited by Nabble every day. It is an excellent, reliable service and with a clean (uncluttered), functional interface.
+1

(I can plus 1 to that without subtracting 1 from my wish list :)

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Edward
Well, back in the early days of threaded forums, you could expand threads and read replies from the forum view.  (example)  This option got lost somewhere along the way, but maybe it's time to bring it back?
XpK

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

XpK
I hope some day confused users cannot ban me as if I'm a spammer.
In bicicletada-sp list (nabble1) i'm now a 'potential spammer' because some users are kidding with the system.
I'm not able to post any messages!

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Oneindividual
-A Mature section lol!
-Their own set of games on here
-A way to pay people for their advice if they want to
-A store on here similiar to how Wondir did it
-More smileys
-An IM setup to chat/get answers faster

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

molinaro
In order of priorities:

1- Customizable emoticons/smilies via CSS (the default ones are very ugly!)
2- Support for Gravatar (http://gravatar.com)
3- Post as a guest user
4- Customizable graphics via CSS (icons, arrows, etc.)
5- Customizable default avatar via CSS

Thank you
Keep up the great work
Rod Molinaro - Independent comic author and illustrator | REDNEKO.COM

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Piero Sartini-3
- add eMail Aliases to the account - useful for the Mailing List archives. (I posted under different email addresses on different mailing lists. But Name-1 Name-2 etc should all be just "Name").

security, encryption, SSL

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
4. To existing privacy, add security and encryption: SSL.
For reference: a December 2008 discussion of SSL.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

☪Not_A_Admin
*a built in chat /support
*themes and createable themes by users.
*make it look more professional like vbulletin?
*a side panel that displays all the latest comments.
*a button unber a usersname that says 'donate'
*a way to check all unread posts without finding them 1 by 1
*a history bar that says all the latest subforums added .
*when posting able to change font colour, font size, font type.
*insert attachments
*a support for msn chatting.
*voting poll
*change font colour and size anf font style.

i got LOADS!!

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

dig090
I really wish Nabble search can find forums.  At least the advanced search should have a "search forum names".  I want to post to the Jetty forum but a search reveals a ton of other forums as I see no way of finding it unless I browse.

Thanks for a cool service otherwise.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Graham Perrin
1. visit Nabble home page

2. search

3. amongst the results, fora are uppermost.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

brfsa
1. Unblock Thailand.

Thanks

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
3. Improve threaded views: allow the viewer to normalise the chronological order of the branches within the tree.
Bump, for example <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3054265p3066126.html>.

Please, can you say whether threaded view will be more timeline-friendly in a future version of Nabble?

Thanks.

Your wish list for Nabble

ehis
nice work u guys, my wish let see.
Maybe adding more theme will be a great idea
oh and here is my site thanks alot for the forum

allthefans.awardspace.co.uk

almost tru

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

LoW TheKl3an3r
How many users are online at once. Like what phpbb forums have.
Legends of War Founder.

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

gholam13
I would love if there was a quick post feature. Basically at the bottom of each thread would be a reply box with post message and preview. It would be nicer then having to reply to a specific post.
Fee

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

Fee
I asked my members and this is what they asked for -

1) A chat room
2) More emoticons - a rolling eyes one, a really good laughing one, a smilie with a halo and one with a glass of wine, a waving one, a nodding head and a shaking head
3) A log out button on the home page

That's all, thank you.

My wish list for Nabble: 3. Improve threaded views: allow the viewer to normalise the chronological order of the branches within the tree

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
Please, can you say whether threaded view will be more timeline-friendly in a future version of Nabble?
Franklin's answer: <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1693623p3087129.html>

Re: Your wish list for Nabble

TheMachinimanator
1. Labels
2. The ability to add rank names for forums (i.e. if you've posted a certain number of posts in a forum, you can achieve a certain rank—typically, there would be between 3–8 ranks); I mean to suggest that forum owners can customize the rank names, the posts required to achieve a rank, and how many ranks there are (within reason).
3. Friends
4. ability to lock topics
5. more user friendly for me. I hate it when people just click new topic and it doesnt put it in a sub forum.
Peace out. I own this shindig :D

locking topics

Graham Perrin
TheMachinimanator wrote