The Future of Nabble

Re: The Future of Nabble

Franklin
Administrator
I think most of humanity has degenerated into trash and needs to die before things can improve.  But that is God's problem, not mine.  I am a programmer and my problem is writing good code.  A good forum platform must be fully decentralized so that no human authority can take it down.  And it must be social so that people can find new forums.  Nabble fails on both.  This weekend I plan to write a full explanation of what I have in mind for Blasma which I hope will replace Nabble.

Re: The Future of Nabble

GregChapman
Franklin wrote
A good forum platform must be fully decentralized so that no human authority can take it down.  And it must be social so that people can find new forums.
Now I understand what you were driving at in your initial post!

Please would you email me contact details for your sysadmin.

Re: The Future of Nabble

Franklin
Administrator
GregChapman wrote
Please would you email me contact details for your sysadmin.
http://support.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=user&user=402449

Re: The Future of Nabble

Mintrax
Hi Franklin, I have been with Nabble since 2011 I think. Whilst we work out what to do, could our forum http://the-rv-lithium-project.2301966.n4.nabble.com/ be transferred to your server please.

Re: The Future of Nabble

zero777
Are all active boards going to be transferred to your server?
Or do we have to do anything.

Thx.

Re: The Future of Nabble

David19
Hi Franklin,

This is very sad news, I really like the nabble forum I have on my site.

I am happy to offer some financial assistance if needed.

My Nabble forum is now down and I can't access any of my posts. I don't have any of it backed up or saved so I'll end up losing a lot of work if I can't access it again.

If possible please could you migrate it to your other server;

http://elementary-value.54354.n8.nabble.com/

https://www.elementaryvalue.com/valueinvestingforum.html

If not, is there a way I can access my data to copy it?

Regards,

David

Re: The Future of Nabble

our combined `effect
Hello Nabble,

I too did not save for I thought you would give us notice? PLease advise when have time, kara
                                                         `i come to talk story (ictts)
                                                     is our US 501.c3 Nonprofit Assoc.
                                               Thank you all for your help to get this far!
                                                   Please stay in touch aiding updates!
                                                         Peace is real if we organize
                                                         w/neighbors locally and afar!
                                              Love, Wendy, Misha, Kara, and volunteers!

                                             `i come to talk story, has great plans join in!
                                                                 [hidden email]
                                                              +01 (360) 450-3749
                                                                        Skype
                                                           Please leave a message!
                                                  Your support is needed in each plan!
                                                      Contact Kara if you want to help?
                                                                    `All Related...

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:58 AM David19 [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Franklin,

This is very sad news, I really like the nabble forum I have on my site.

I am happy to offer some financial assistance if needed.

My Nabble forum is now down and I can't access any of my posts. I don't have any of it backed up or saved so I'll end up losing a lot of work if I can't access it again.

If possible please could you migrate it to your other server;

https://www.elementaryvalue.com/valueinvestingforum.html

Regards,

David

http://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-tp7605923p7606184.html
To unsubscribe from The Future of Nabble, click here.
NAML

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: The Future of Nabble

Severino
Hi Franklin,

I am requesting that our forum please be migrated to your new server.
If there is a fee, please advise and I will remit it.

I can be reached ggandbv@gmail.com.

Forum name is: http://giggling-girls-and-bloody-violence.17246.n6.nabble.com/

Thank you in advance.

Severino

Re: The Future of Nabble

our combined `effect

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:13 PM Severino [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Franklin,

I am requesting that our forum please be migrated to your new server.
If there is a fee, please advise and I will remit it.

I can be reached [hidden email].

http://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-tp7605923p7606230.html
To unsubscribe from The Future of Nabble, click here.
NAML

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: The Future of Nabble

Marc Martin
Hi, I just learned about this.  I have two forums that I would like to see continued on Nabble or its replacement.

  http://es-forum.com/
  http://shado-forum.com/

Thanks,
Marc

Re: The Future of Nabble

our combined `effect
Yes they have a nice clear layout Marc, and Please note, we are revamping ours to utilize a good layout like that, and explore your updates to see how best, efficiently, for conversations, along w/our Google US nonprofit site redone, to focus directly and embed Nabble!

I thank you for my past venting mode to research ideas and plans, and do feel guilty taking up so much space, but can I download it and then start over? I want to apply your tools, as we create a virtual earth-space message board, scaling earth w/agroecology prioritizing ending toxic and celebrating along the way? And the conversations would be here to cut thru controversy as in 5G-Nuclear use-Military-Industrial Ag, for starters, and @ local plan will decide w/skilled students using communities as classrooms, to stop scars from repeating and replace w/Humanity's solutions, as I work w/SOCLA Latin American Scientists scaling good investments in solidarity restoring ecological enhanced sustaining healthy working communities on earth, then space!

Much appreciated, if you let me know so I can save present posts, and start over w/your options? Or at any time beneficial to you then delete it and start over, up to you!

Thanks, kara

http://support.nabble.com/The-Future-of-Nabble-tp7605923p7606235.html
To unsubscribe from The Future of Nabble, click here.
NAML

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: The Future of Nabble

Gesvilsur
A me han eliminado uno que se llama Piezas de Ocasión , usted me puede pasar a su servidor

Re: The Future of Nabble

Gesvilsur
I've eliminated one that's called Occasion Parts, you can move me to your server

Re: The Future of Nabble

Oh, my. Many years ago I used Nabble for my Startup website. I have such fond memories, and Nabble holds a special place for me. I wish there was something I could do, and I'm sorry that it's come to this for Nabble. I find it to be one of the best forum platforms out there, and this is what happens? :( I hope things turn out for the better, but I understand all you're saying. What a shame.

Re: The Future of Nabble

sparkle
Oh gosh - I've just seen this - we have been so happy with our private forum for the last 8 years.  It has been a great private place for us to chat - from all around the globe, and just what we needed - we have appreciated it so much.

If you wanted any money contributions towards running costs we may be able to help.

Otherwise are you able to keep our forum going on your new server?

Think this would be the link - http://gupta-chat-more.826.n7.nabble.com/

Re: The Future of Nabble

nabblewillhelp
I agree - this is a great forum, the best we've come across. I think now more than ever, we need more options for on-line communication.

We would also like to move to your server and would contribute payment.

http://transition-monday-forum.272354.n8.nabble.com/

We thank you and wish you the very best with this work and the future of this forum

Very best wishes

Forest, on behalf of transitionmonday.com

Re: The Future of Nabble

vinni183
Hello.
Please transfer two forums to your server

lactation-collection.2318262.n4.nabble.com/
lesbian-strapon.2360586.n4.nabble.com/

They were created 7.5 and almost 4 years ago
Thank you.

Re: The Future of Nabble

cinemapersians
Franklin,

My apologies, but I just now saw your post.  I usually only come to the support page when my site has an issue, and since ads started appearing on my forum earlier today... we have an issue.

Not sure of the cause of this, but (for now) if it is not too late, please put my forum on your Nabble server, if you would be so kind.  The location is http://macmanialand.2305606.n4.nabble.com/ .

Thank you for your time, generosity, and kindness with Nabble, for all of these years.

Re: The Future of Nabble

Israel <Nabble>
Unfortunately, both sites are not suitable for placing ads, if I do so, Google will penalty us and besides that they are occupying a large amount of space on disk.

Re: The Future of Nabble

vinni183
Several years ago it was possible to pay for sites. Isn't it time to return this opportunity?
123456