Https Protocol Request

1 ... 567891011 ... 27

RE: Https Protocol Request

MattGeorge
Hello!

I was told that this is the place to ask about getting Https to work on an embedded forum!
My forum link is forum.easymine.co.uk, and the page it's embedded on is Https://easymine.co.uk/forum.html

Apologies if this is in the wrong place!

Thanks,
Matt George

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
I am also still waiting.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
MattGeorge: I've enabled it but it is not working. Can you try changing your embed link to https?

Harvey: Done.

RE: Https Protocol Request

MattGeorge
Yeah i had left the embed on http, after changing it to https i get the loading symbol which is a step in the right direction! But then it just goes blank. But to be honest i think thats an issue with the software im using, or my webhost. Ive had trouble in the past with certain iframes and embed services! So if you know what it is then that would be awesome, but equally i dont think its something wrong your end!

Thanks so much for enabling https though!

EDIT:
Ignore me... all it working fine now! (I think )

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble> wrote
Harvey: Done.
The last post links don't work. Can you look?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Harvey wrote
Raven<Nabble> wrote
Harvey: Done.
The last post links don't work. Can you look?
It looks like "last post" links aren't secure. Can you make them https?

My developer made an exception for that one link so that they work. But he still strongly recommends that we make last post links https.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Gary Lewis
I'm reading the mail.  Once all this stuff gets sorted then I'll be happy to go.  But, I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for taking point, Harvey.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Be great to know if I could get this addressed. If not I should revert.  Last post link is crucial.

Re: Https Protocol Request

h3rb1x
Are you sure is the "Last Post" link only?

Mine are all https, the only time it is an issue is when I click the link and the post contains an image, then I get usual the content error.

One thing to note is that images exist with or without https at the same time but, the forum does not redirect to the https images.

Be great to know if I could get this addressed. If not I should revert.  Last post link is crucial.

Re: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Not sure. It's just the only error reported by many and seen by me.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven could you please let us know status of this?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Harvey, I've removed HTTPS on your site.
Errors are logged for fixing.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Harvey wrote
Raven could you please let us know status of this?
This was a request to know what was going on. Nothing more.

Now I'm down.

I need to reach my developer on a saturday. We need to coordinate.

EDIT: He is going to undo https on his end. So leave as is, but let me know when the issue is fixed.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Harvey:
I can't reproduce this last post error. It's likely limited to your site or a small number of sites. So I'll need HTTPS enabled on your site to check the error. I don't know how long it will take to fix.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
From my developer:

My Developer wrote
We need all link on the page to be secure including the Last Post links. They are currently coming through as

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/What-is-the-most-important-part-of-an-experience-tp4136221p4136353.html

Even when we are set up for https. We are able to get around that on some browsers by setting the following in nginx but it doesn’t work across the board.

add_header Content-Security-Policy upgrade-insecure-requests;
Does this make sense to you?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Forum is no longer embedded. What is going on?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Was testing something, fixed sorry.

RE: Https Protocol Request

The Forum is embedded again, but the last post links aren't working.   What is going on?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble> wrote
Was testing something, fixed sorry.
OK testing is good, thanks for working on it.

What is going on with Last Post?

Tell me when it is time to force https.
HTTPS Please!
1 ... 567891011 ... 27