Https Protocol Request

1 ... 78910111213 ... 27

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
I can't move a post:

Both links don't work, MOVE POST or CANCEL.

CORRECTION: The post was actually moved but the MOVE POST and CANCEL buttons don't take me away from the page.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Harvey wrote
Ravel what do you think that override was supposed to do?

It has something to do with hidden forums? What is "smart?"
The override appears to be basically the same. You can probably delete it and go back to the default.

What happened was that the change I just made was made a few months ago when first implementing HTTPS, but the change was not applied to overrides of that macro, only the default macro.

I don't know why it's called "smart".

I can't reproduce the error with the delete page.

I fixed the errors on the Move Post page - Move Post and Cancel should be working now.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Cool.

Is there something we can look for like ".url" that will help us find or fix problems?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Also... should I try to force https sitewide now?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Harvey wrote
Is there something we can look for like ".url" that will help us find or fix problems?
I wouldn't be surprised if there are more errors relating to ".url", but there are errors caused by other things.

Harvey wrote
Also... should I try to force https sitewide now?
Not sure, if you want, but there are still some bugs. For example Extras & add-ons menu has a similar bug to the move post one, that it makes the changes but doesn't redirect.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Raven<Nabble> wrote
Not sure, if you want, but there are still some bugs. For example Extras & add-ons menu has a similar bug to the move post one, that it makes the changes but doesn't redirect.
How did you find that error?

Did you fix?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
I found it by trying to change the settings when I was looking for the reason why your pages were different.
No, it has not been fixed yet.
I'll probably look into it on Monday or escalate it if I can't deal with it myself.
The issue is more complex than the last one because it appears to be in the regular code, not NAML.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
What can I do to try to find bugs?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
I am noticing that images are still http.  Is that complicated to address?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey wrote
I can't move a post:

Both links don't work, MOVE POST or CANCEL.

CORRECTION: The post was actually moved but the MOVE POST and CANCEL buttons don't take me away from the page.
We are now forcing HTTPS and it SEEMS to have fixed this issue.

Other issues still remain.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
This page exhibits the same problem. Changes actually happen, but you don't see them unless you refresh:

RE: Https Protocol Request

r0lovic
Raven,

I just setup a custom domain name and just added the CNAME record in my DNS so I can use https:

forum.suziebfitness.com

Can you please enable https for this custom domain name?

Thank you.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Emojis are not working. I'm guessing the emojis are not https?

Let me know if it can be easily fixed, if not I am going to revert.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Harvey wrote
What can I do to try to find bugs?
Don't know. I guess it only matters that there's a bug if it's affecting what you're trying to do. So if it's important people will come across it eventually.

I am noticing that images are still http.  Is that complicated to address?
Are the images still displaying? Because if they're still displaying and the only issue is a warning in the console, then I don't see much of a reason to fix it. But if they are actually broken, it does need to be fixed.

This page exhibits the same problem. Changes actually happen, but you don't see them unless you refresh:
This has been logged for fixing. There are a few other similar settings menu issues that have also been logged for fixing.

Emojis are not working. I'm guessing the emojis are not https?
Can you provide a link to an example? I can't reproduce this on my test forum.

r0lovic wrote
I just setup a custom domain name and just added the CNAME record in my DNS so I can use https:

forum.suziebfitness.com

Can you please enable https for this custom domain name?
Done

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Example of Emojis not working:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/NYSkiBlog-HTTP-vs-HTTPS-and-the-Future-tp4128632p4136869.html

Actually now that I notice it permalinks ^^ are not https.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Another spot where you click and the change is made, but it doesn't return you to the previous page:

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
I have not yet been able to reproduce the emoji issue.

Some settings page bugs fixed, including edit name & description.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Thanks.

You did see in the link I posted the bad emojis right?

RE: Https Protocol Request

Raven<Nabble>
Yes, I see it in your link.

RE: Https Protocol Request

Harvey
Any idea what is going on with the emojis?

Anyone else having an issue with them?
HTTPS Please!
1 ... 78910111213 ... 27