Webmaster Tools verification

Harvey
Can you help me with webmaster tools verification for my apps?

The options are:

I tried the Google Analytics method but it didn't work. Which other method would be best?

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Hugo <Nabble>
You should be able to do this through the first option, although I am not sure what kind of change they will ask you to do. So if you can't make it work from option #1, then give us the meta tag provided by option #2 and we will make this change for you.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Harvey
Thanks for the help with this. It worked perfectly.

Should I submit a sitemap?

Do I just use the URL or do I need something after it:

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Thanks for the help with this. It worked perfectly.
You are welcome.
Harvey44 wrote
Should I submit a sitemap?
I don't think you need a sitemap. You can upload one if you think google is not crawling the website correctly, but this shouldn't be the case.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Looks  like I need something in that field:

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

This was a pleasant surprise from webmaster tools:

I knew Nabble was fast. But that's fantastic IMO.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

That field is used to upload a sitemap, which is a set of XML files that describe your URLs. Read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitemaps

I don't think you should worry about that, mainly because google has been crawling your website without problems.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

☪Not_A_Admin
Sitemap, you don't need to use the sitemap, my nabble forum and my friends 1 are both indexed in and do show up on the first page.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Harvey
Still I would like to know how to do it.

One of my apps- the newspaper - seems to have somehow done it on its own. (?) Would like to know how to do it for the forum.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Hugo <Nabble>
You can search for sitemap tutorials on the internet and you will find what you need to build one for your forum, but this is not needed, as I explained before.

Re: Webmaster Tools verification

Harvey
I was under the impression that I didn't have to build it, just submit it by using the feed URL.  I couldn't figure out what my feed URL was.
HTTPS Please!