Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

stevepiercy
I used the Star feature to collect dozens of difficult to find posts. This feature recently disappeared. How do I retrieve the stars and links to those posts?

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

stevepiercy
ping.

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

anonman
pong :)
prob not possible

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

stevepiercy
I'm very disappointed. I received no advanced warning that the starred posts feature would be removed so I could save my data or bookmark my starred posts. No communication is bad service.

Additionally, is there really no way to retrieve the data? There must be a backup somewhere.

Even though "less than 1% of the users used to use the star feature", it made Nabble compelling to use. Without it, Google Groups is now more compelling.

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

Pedro
Please, give me the url of your forum and we will try to recover its starred posts.

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

stevepiercy

Sorry, you should also give me your email/username on that forum.

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

stevepiercy
username: stevepiercy
email: web@stevepiercy.com

Thank you!

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

tbodine
Hi,

I am in the same situation as Steve. I had a dozen or so Starred posts in a forum that I marked knowing "I can get back to these when the time comes". Now the time is here and I cannot access these.

Is there a way to recover the Starred posts or threads?

Thank you.
Tom

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

GregChapman
From the post immediately above, you'll see that it is possible, if Pedro has the time to do the work, and you post the URL of the forum involved and your username.

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

tbodine
Thanks! This would be very much appreciated.

Forum URL is http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

User name "tbodine"

Let me know if there is any other info. necessary.

Many thanks!
Tbodine

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

Pedro
Please, see if it is correct:

[OT] Gatekeeper ---

Calling all RevLive webcast attendees ---

Geometry Manager ---

Storing data on iOS ---

Scrolling List Field/Table ---

Re: Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile ---

Re: Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile ---

Re: Preview of Resolution Independent Control library for RevMobile ---

Re: Looking for Header Column Control ---

Re: Password Field - Mark Schonewille ---

Re: Send Data/Text From iOS to Desktop App on LAN? ---

Re: Send Data/Text From iOS to Desktop App on LAN? ---

DNS-SD with mergeBonjour and rresocket? ---

Avoiding font substitution, cross-platform ---

OT: How to renew iOS Certificates? ---

Help understanding iOS deployment ---

Re: Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages? ---

Re: Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages? ---

Re: Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages? ---

Re: Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages? ---

Asynchronous Audio on Windows? ---

Re: Asynchronous Audio on Windows? ---

Re: mobile: prompt for app review ---

Re: More about audio-video ---

[TIP] Quick & Dirty Image Resizing ---

Re: iPad stack downloading ---

Opening stacks in a standalone ---

Proportionally Scale A Field? ---

Re: Card auto sizing ---

Re: Need good USB HID driver for LiveCode under Windows ---

Re: Need good USB HID driver for LiveCode under Windows ---

about resolution independence... ---

Resolution independence (sort of) today ---

Re: Resolution independence (sort of) today ---

Re: Resolution independence (sort of) today ---

Speech and commas ---

Re: iOS - using USB to transfer files ---

Re: Saving by script takes you to a new dimension ---

Saving by script takes you to a new dimension ---

Re: Returns Don't Return? ---

Re: Returns Don't Return? ---

Effective htmltext ---

Scaling Fonts ---

Re: Scaling Fonts ---

Re: Scaling Fonts ---

Re: Scaling Fonts ---

Lion vs Mtn Lion ---

Re: Lion vs Mtn Lion ---

Re: serial numbers on standalones ---

usableDesktop ---

trouble playing video in iOS ---

Win ico sizes ---

Full Screen ---

Reading directly from Excel ---

RE: Moving controls smoothly around the screen ---

Re: Moving controls smoothly around the screen ---

Re: Paste Code to Match Existing Formatting ---

[ANN] simple publisher/subscriber library for LiveCode ---

Re: How is this in the app store ---

Re: Rethinking rsa encryption of license keys ---

Re: Rethinking rsa encryption of license keys ---

Re: Rethinking rsa encryption of license keys ---

Re: Rethinking rsa encryption of license keys ---

Re: File writing performance? ---

Re: Field changes prompting save ---

Fwd: Push Buttons ---

playing mp4 videos without QT-player? ---

Re: playing mp4 videos without QT-player? ---

Re: First App rejected for odd reasons ---

Re: First App rejected for odd reasons ---

Re: Successful recipe for LC iPhone apps... ---

Re: working with unicodeFormattedText ---

Re: a *fast* check for whether another machine is on the local network? ---

Re: a *fast* check for whether another machine is on the local network? ---

Re: Mixing Commercial and Community during dev. ---

Re: a *fast* check for whether another machine is on the local network? ---

Re: a *fast* check for whether another machine is on the local network? ---

FranklinAudio in Standalone? ---

Re: Streaming audio without QT ---

Re: QT playback of remote files ---

Re: QT playback of remote files ---

Awesome! ---

Re: Layering problem when using video ---

Re: Layering problem when using video ---

Re: Copying fields sometimes doesn't copy their content. But when? ---

Re: Any virus issues with 5.5.3 installer on Windows? ---

FieldFormatter: Working group ---

touchscreen interactivity basics ---

Re: Importing vector graphics for interface ---

Importing vector graphics for interface ---

Re: determining if cursor is in last line of a field ---

Re: determining if cursor is in last line of a field ---

[ANN] EPS Import V05C ---

Re: Master Class Question ---

deleting line of a field causes crashes ---

Re: Fighting with audio player again ---

AW: Fighting with audio player again ---

Re: Compatability Livecode projects on OSX and Windows ---

Scaling an Image to a Rect ---

Re: Scaling an Image to a Rect ---

My iOS word puzzle game is live ---

Re: Making Games with LiveCode Blog? ---

What's eating my keystrokes? ---

Re: Unsupported Animation Manager ---

[ANN] FieldFormatter released ---

Re: Why does this line work in IDE, fail in standalone? ---

Re: function keys ---

Re: Stack file file type ---

Re: is it safe to hardwire the "downloads" folder? ---

Re: is it safe to hardwire the "downloads" folder? ---

Re: How to increase the textsize of HTMLtext proportional? ---

Re: Codesign Error (Mac) ---

Automatically updating a stack - How Do I Do It? ---

Re: Start using script ---

Re: Backdrop hiding standalone window ---

Is backdrop better these days? ---

Re: iOS Image/Sprite Animation? ---

Sweet little progress ARC library ---

Re: on-screen scaling ---

[ANN] New LiveCode Developer Social Networking Site ---

Re: 6.1.3 incompatible with 10.9 sandboxing ---

Re: Can't sell on Mac App Store ---

FieldFormatter now listed ---

Livecode socket communication through a FIREWALL? ---

Re: PC Symbol Font? ---

Players and Sounds - stuff you might want to know ---

Scalini - image scaler for resolution independence ---

RELEASE LiveCode 6.5.1 ---

Re: Open a stack from DropBox ---

Re: Is there a clever way to do subscripts in LC text? ---

Re: Is there a clever way to do subscripts in LC text? ---

Anyone has a text editor to share ---

Mac Deal ---

Using sockets ---

[ANN] 40% discount FieldFormatter ---

Re: iOS codesigning ---

[ANN] MobGUI V1.22 and SVG icon files ---

set the textStyle["box"] of word x of line y to true is very fast ---

Re: Editing the style(s) of text in a field. ---

GUI scripting on windows ---

Inserting Text, photo or video into a circle ? ---

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

tbodine
Pedro,
Perfect! You're the best!
Thanks!
Tom Bodine

On 7/3/2014 2:58 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] wrote:

> [...]
>
> Re: iOS Image/Sprite Animation?
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4672991.html> ---
>
> Sweet little progress ARC library
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673170.html> ---
>
> Re: on-screen scaling
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673194.html> ---
>
> [ANN] New LiveCode Developer Social Networking Site
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673174.html> ---
>
> Re: 6.1.3 incompatible with 10.9 sandboxing
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673220.html> ---
>
> Re: Can't sell on Mac App Store
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673241.html> ---
>
> FieldFormatter now listed
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673504.html> ---
>
> Livecode socket communication through a FIREWALL?
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673670.html> ---
>
> Re: PC Symbol Font?
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673595.html> ---
>
> Players and Sounds - stuff you might want to know
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673905.html> ---
>
> Scalini - image scaler for resolution independence
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674049.html> ---
>
> RELEASE LiveCode 6.5.1
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4673941.html> ---
>
> Re: Open a stack from DropBox
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674121.html> ---
>
> Re: Is there a clever way to do subscripts in LC text?
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674271.html> ---
>
> Re: Is there a clever way to do subscripts in LC text?
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674272.html> ---
>
> Anyone has a text editor to share
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674420.html> ---
>
> Mac Deal
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674533.html> ---
>
> Using sockets
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4674695.html> ---
>
> [ANN] 40% discount FieldFormatter
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4675395.html> ---
>
> Re: iOS codesigning
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4675374.html> ---
>
> [ANN] MobGUI V1.22 and SVG icon files
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4675881.html> ---
>
> set the textStyle["box"] of word x of line y to true is very fast
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4676113.html> ---
>
> Re: Editing the style(s) of text in a field.
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4676587.html> ---
>
> GUI scripting on windows
> <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Subject-td4676619.html> ---
>
> Inserting Text, photo or video into a circle ?

http://support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Retrieve Star Posts That Have Disappeared Due to Nabble Update

technologywell
disappeared on my side as well. Any solution?
regards
technologywell