Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Hello,

Yes please, I would like my forum preserved.

Here is the url:
ask-a-barf-question.37062.n7.nabble.com

which appears on:
https://www.njboxers.com/ask-barf-question.html

Do I need to do anything else?
thank you!

Re: Downsizing Nabble

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
We'll move forum in the next few days.
You'll get a reply when it's finished.

Re: Downsizing Nabble

fffilimnov

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Thank you so much!  I never got a notification it was moved, and realized when the old url didn't work, I better come back here and search for my post, which I found!  Again, thank so much!!!

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Question, was I supposed to make a DNS change at all?  The new forum shows up just fine on the web; however, when I click on any of the topics, I get the following error page:

This site can’t be reached
forum.njboxers.com’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Hello Nabble Support!

My forum is officially down now.  I've been waiting for a reply asking whether I need to make a DNS change, and no one ever got back to me (see my replies above).  So the original url is officially down now (http://ask-a-barf-question.37062.n7.nabble.com/).

According to your messages, the forum is now located at http://ask-your-barf-question-here.246.s1.nabble.com/, but NONE of the links work.

What is the new DNS I need to set up to get the forum back online?

Any and all help would really be appreciated.

thank you very much!!

Re: Downsizing Nabble

Rick

I got in first click. On an Apple iPad. It's a dog food forum.

Re: Downsizing Nabble

Israel <Nabble>
We have checked and your new link is working properly.
Only users with a custom domain have to change their DNS.

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Thank you for responding.

Yes, the forum is up and running on the new server; however, when one clicks on any of the topics, it takes people to an error page:

"This site can’t be reachedforum.njboxers.com’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE"

Try it for yourself:

http://ask-your-barf-question-here.246.s1.nabble.com/

Then click on any of the topics and/or comments.  You'll see the error.

thanks for looking into this!  😊

Re: Downsizing Nabble

GregChapman
There appears to be something very wrong with the way you have set up your custom domain that is stopping things working.

Links to topics appear as links to s1.nabble.com but the error page shows that it is  forum.njboxers.com that is not being found.

While links to comments are sent directly to http://forum.njboxers.com which also can't be found.

It's the same with the non-displaying image. It is supposed to be found at forum.njboxers.com and that server can't be found.

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Can someone please in Nabble Support tell me what the correct DNS address record should be for my forum please?

The custom domain "forum" (http://forum.njboxers.com) has been pointing to n7.nabble.com. and does NOT work.

My forum currently shows on http://ask-your-barf-question-here.246.s1.nabble.com/ ; HOWEVER, when anyone clicks on any of the links (either the topics or comments), the next page comes up with a DNS error.

Thank you for providing me with the correct DNS address.

Re: Downsizing Nabble

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
The domain is: s1.nabble.com

Re: Downsizing Nabble

njboxers
Perfect, thank you so much!  DNS changed and already pointing to all the correct links!  👍😊