Nabble is now open-source

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
I've tested by registering and then posting on the "new test forum".  But I also posted this:

However, I've gotten this far before and when I got a certificate and turned https on so I could embed it on my website we ran into problems.

The problem is that you cannot log on unless you use Firefox as the browser.  All other browsers, like Chrome or Safari, just loop you meaning that they take your credentials without showing that the credentials are wrong, but then don't log you on.

Can you put https on and I'll embed it and test it?

Thanks for doing this.  I have an earlier version of Nabble on an AWS server and have been SOOOOO close for a year or more but can't get the last bit to work.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
It has https already

https://custom.njveiruownvew.com/

Can you check if it works?

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
It doesn't give me the option of embedding it.  Apparently that is only available to admins.  If you promote me I'll give it a try.

Maybe I should have said it differently.  The only option I have is to subscribe for email notifications.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
added your account to Administrators group
can you check it now?

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
I've embedded it on my website here and have the same problem - I cannot log in.  I know I'm entering the right info as it doesn't complain about them and does if I use other credentials.  It takes the the credentials but doesn't actually log me in as it doesn't show I'm in nor can I post.

All of this is with Chrome.  But, it does work with Firefox, which is exactly what we've seen before - works with Safari only, but not other browsers.

By the way, when security was apparently turned off on my regular forum a few weeks ago I had the same problem.  So it seems like it is something to do with security.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
may I ask you to create new forum here:
https://n.njveiruownvew.com/free-forum.html

set domain for this forum:
forum-test.garysgaragemahal.com

after ask me to make https

and after that embed it instead of custom.njveiruownvew.com

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
I created a new forum and as soon as I did the page went to:

404 Not Found
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

But I had the email that gave me a link and it went to 404.

However, I named the forum something like "Gary's Test Forum On Filimonov's Site" and that may have been a no-no.  I'll try again.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
Created a new forum called "Test Forum For Logon" and got the same thing - 404.  And clicking the links I was sent via email, which includes the validation email as well as the one with the link, I also got a 404.

What am I doing wrong?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
links fixed
try again?

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
Yes, the links now work.  But when I set the domain name I got this error.  I'm guessing that's not a problem and will go embed the new forum.  So you could enable https.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
I've embedded it and here's what I see.  And that's what I'd expect w/o security.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
did you set a CNAME for forum-test.garysgaragemahal.com?
forum-test.garysgaragemahal.com not resolving now.

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
No, I didn't.  And it has been a bit since I've done that.

I use Godaddy, so what am I supposed to do?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
follow this instructions:
Go to your Domain Registrar and set the CNAME-record for your custom domain to n.njveiruownvew.com. http://test.1.n.njveiruownvew.com/help/DNSConfiguration.jtp

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
Hopefully I've done it correctly, but it is shown below.  However, I'm not sure that I was supposed to include the ".garysgaragemahal.com" bit as it is already under that domain.

Anyway, it was done at about 11:00 here in CDT.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
please replace this record with forum-test instead of forum-test.garysgaragemahal.com

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
Done at 11:13:

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble is now open-source

fffilimnov
Administrator
now it's ok

can you set forum-test.garysgaragemahal.com as domain for this forum?
test-forum-for-logon.4.n.njveiruownvew.com

Re: Nabble is now open-source

Gary Lewis
Sorry, I'm dense.  I hope this is what you meant.  It was done at 11:25ish.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
1234