CSS Change font colour

☪Not_A_Admin

my text is quite hard to see how can i change the colour of this text?

also i was wondering in nabble when the templates features is out will we have rich text editor along side it?
and lastly is their a 'beta' version of this nabble it sounds as it would be a v3?

Re: CSS Change font colour

GregChapman
I'm glad you posted a screen dump, as without it I'd be describing how to use the "Change Appearance" CSS facility.

It's not the text colour that is the problem but the background image. It has far too much contrast. You'll never find a text colour that will cope with a background that changes from near white to near black.

Change your image to make the light areas darker or the dark areas lighter, only then should you chose a colour for the text.

Re: CSS Change font colour

You can try adding a translucent background to those cells.
.nabble table.main td span {
  background-color:#000;
  opacity:.60;
  filter: Alpha(opacity=60);
}
Does this work for you?

Re: CSS Change font colour

GregChapman
Talking of translucence, I have set:

==================================
.nabble{
        background-color: transparent;
}
==================================
on
http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm

Works fine in Firefox, but IE insists on showing a white background to the forum obscuring the background to the main page.

Is there an easy fix to this?

There are similar issues with background images in IE at:

http://uk-hbbr-forum.967333.n3.nabble.com/

Re: CSS Change font colour

Hugo <Nabble>
We fixed this issue. Now transparency works in IE.

Re: CSS Change font colour

☪Not_A_Admin
hugo after putting this it seems as if all the text has gone darker even the usernames on the side

Re: CSS Change font colour

Thanks Hugo.

Transparency now working as expected on the two sites quoted (and a blog of mine! that I didn't mention in my post)

Re: CSS Change font colour

☪✯♛Tanvℯℯr♛✯© wrote
after putting this it seems as if all the text has gone darker even the usernames on the side
You can try a light color:

.nabble table.main td span {
  color: #eeeeee;
  background-color:#000;
  opacity:.60;
  filter: Alpha(opacity=60);
}

Is this better?

Re: CSS Change font colour

GregChapman
But that's just going to make the text impossible to see on the lighter areas of the background image in the same way that making the text darker made it impossible to see on the dark areas.

The fundamental problem here is that the chosen background image has too much contrast.  Background images are meant to be just that - background, not so pronounced that they obscure the foreground. The only other approach is to reduce the size of the image so it only occupies a small area of the screen and won't conflict with the primary page content.

Re: CSS Change font colour

Hugo <Nabble>
No, because the style I suggested applies a dark translucent background to those cells and help reduce the lighter areas of the background image. So the table background would be darker and a light font color should create a better contrast, but I haven't tested that. Tanveer should let us know if that idea works or not (maybe post a screenshot).

Re: CSS Change font colour

☪Not_A_Admin
Sorry about the hold up
i used the code you provided above and this is what it looks like

it  makes it easier to read , thanks for the css code.

By any chance hugo do you think it possible to do this?

Re: CSS Change font colour

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, it is possible to change the new topic link. Please send me that image and I will make this change for you.

Re: CSS Change font colour

☪Not_A_Admin

Re: CSS Change font colour

Hugo <Nabble>
This change will be available after the next release.

Re: CSS Change font colour

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
No, because the style I suggested applies a dark translucent background to those cells and help reduce the lighter areas of the background image.
Ah yes! I had supposed that the "banding" effect on the background image would be unacceptable, but there again, it is supposed to be a "background" and shouldn't matter too much.

Glad it's worked out satisfactorily.