Browser Back Button

Harvey
Hey guys... I'm sure you are aware that the use of the browsers back button isn't always compatible with Nabble.  I've always assumed that this had something to do with your cache system that allows for super fast speed. (Is that it?)

While there is always (that I've seen anyway) a button or link that will get you "back" without using the browser back button, people are in the habit of using it and have asked me about it.

Any input/info you can share on this?

Re: Browser Back Button

Hugo <Nabble>
I am not aware of issues related to the back button (except a minor issue for Safari users). Maybe you can post the steps to reproduce the problem and we will fix it.

Re: Browser Back Button

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I am not aware of issues related to the back button (except a minor issue for Safari users). Maybe you can post the steps to reproduce the problem and we will fix it.
Hugo I can't recreate it on a consistent basis. When it happens for some reason my adsense units from the surrounding page that the forum is embedded in, end up in the iframe:

Re: Browser Back Button

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Browser Back Button

Harvey44 wrote
When it happens for some reason my adsense units from the surrounding page that the forum is embedded in, end up in the iframe
This is strange indeed. It could be incompatibility with the Adsense script, but I am not sure. If it happens again, please let me know which Nabble page was open before the problem showed up. If possible, try a different browser and check if the problem happens too.

Re: Browser Back Button

Harvey
OK.

I thought it might be a problem specific to me (Mac OSX, Firefox and Safari) but I just heard the same issue from some PC users.

Re: Browser Back Button

Graham Perrin
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
a minor issue for Safari users
Would you like me to merge that topic with this topic?

Re: Browser Back Button

Hugo <Nabble>
Graham Perrin wrote
Would you like me to merge that topic with this topic?
No, don't worry about this.

Re: Browser Back Button

Hugo...

go to this link:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Best-Ski-Videos-tp1242537p1920187.html

And click on the link entitled "Ski Your Ass Off" and then hit the back button.

Be curious to know if it give you a problem too.

Re: Browser Back Button

Hugo <Nabble>
I see the issue. The adsense script messes up the embedded forum script. The right solution would be to complete remove the adsense script from that page since those ads never show up (except in this case). Another solution is to force users to open links on another tab (this option is available on the "Options > Editor > Change appearance" page)

Re: Browser Back Button

Harvey
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I see the issue. The adsense script messes up the embedded forum script. The right solution would be to complete remove the adsense script from that page since those ads never show up (except in this case). Another solution is to force users to open links on another tab (this option is available on the "Options > Editor > Change appearance" page)
I am "hiding" (ie display: none) a bunch of stuff on both the newspaper and the forum. If I could figure out how to REMOVE them from those pages, it would really improve my load speed.

I have tried to find the solution but I can't.

Re: Browser Back Button

PS - I already have this checked. It doesn't seem to be working:

Re: Browser Back Button

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for letting me know. This will be fixed after the next release.