Member Profiles

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
I've updated your code. Let me know if you see any thing wrong.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Pedro - several members are reporting that when the click "Edit your profile" nothing happens.

I just logged in as one member who gave me his password and it is true.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Who is this user? Which browser does he use?

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Not sure.

The thing is when I tried it logged in as him I couldn't do it either. And mine is set up.

My guess is that it is only working now for those who did it before your last change.

I'm 99% sure that if you don't have something in the age field you can't edit your profile.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
I see. Please, take a look now.
Thanks for helping us. Please, keep reporting any thing wrong that you find.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Looks good to me.

It does seem like there is a character limit on "location."  Is that something I can set?

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see. Please, take a look now.
Thanks for helping us. Please, keep reporting any thing wrong that you find.

http://support.nabble.com/Member-Profiles-tp7583880p7586541.html
To unsubscribe from Member Profiles, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
See at your extra_fields file, line 199, set the maxlength attibute.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Thanks Pedro.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Do you have a female avatar image?
I can make this available for a very modest price.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Seriously is there anyway Hugo could spend the time to make the girl as awesome as the guy?

Also I'd like to add a LINK to my welcome email that says:

"Here is the LINK to your profile. Please edit it to customize it."

Or something like that. I can work out the wording but the key would be getting the HTML to include a unique link to the specific profile.  Can do?

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Harvey wrote
Or something like that. I can work out the wording but the key would be getting the HTML to include a unique link to the specific profile.  Can do?
I will do it.

Re: Member Profiles

I did it in another way. I put this text and this link at the page you go after activate your profile.
Please, take a look and tell me what you think.
The macro is finish_registration_page.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Is there anyway to make a link to put in the email? Would it take the same form?

Is there a simple way I can see how many have filled out at least one field?

Your solution seems like a reasonable one.  While I would like an answer to the question above, lets try it and see if new members fill out the new fields.

Thanks Pedro.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Harvey wrote
Is there anyway to make a link to put in the email? Would it take the same form?
This would be more difficult to put the link in the email.
First, every time I want to test it, I would have to register a different email in order to receive the welcome email.
Second, it is easier for the user when I put the link at your own site, once he have already clicked at the activation link and went to your site, he doesn't have to close the site, back to the email, then back to the site again.

Harvey wrote
Is there a simple way I can see how many have filled out at least one field?
I can see it for you, but it can't be a feature on your site.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
OK Pedro thanks for the update.

I'll wait a month and ask you about how many are using the new feature. I've clicked around and found that it seems to be the most active members who are using it.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey wrote
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Where is it cutting off? Can you print it?
It cuts off at the bottom when "Edit your profile" is open:

This issue is occurring in our magazine when you open the archives:

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Fixed.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Thank you!

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
For some reason now when people don't enter an AGE we get "NaN":

I thought we had fixed that?

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Have this user set up his information recently?