what does 'assign to' mean?

dlang
I'm not figuring out what the intent of this is.

Re: what does 'assign to' mean?

Hugo <Nabble>
That control becomes available when you set the "Assignment" permission to one or more groups. The idea is that you can create a thread and assign it to a person at some priority in order to organize the tasks to be accomplished. For example, a company can use this feature to distribute the work among the employees. If a bug is found in the software, one employee can create a thread and assign to a developer so that he/she can fix it. The developer can reply and ask for more information on how to reproduce the bug (the thread would be assigned back to its creator). The discussion would evolve and go back and forth until the developer can fix the issue and return the topic to the creator so that he/she can close/unassign it. So threads, in this case, mean not only discussion, but a task to be completed. Each user has a list with all threads assigned to him/her, so each participant can track and work on his/her queue. This is how the Nabble team works and it is very efficient.

Re: what does 'assign to' mean?

dlang
thanks, that makes sense.