WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

GregChapman
I am trialling the Workgroup facility on the forum at:
http://bb4er.2372904.n4.nabble.com/

Neither my colleague or I are receiving the emails that the help page at:
http://support.nabble.com/Workgroups-td1559166.html
reports we should receive after assigning a member to a task.

Is there a setting I have missed?
A missing feature?
Is there a bug?

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

Hugo <Nabble>
The email looks exactly like a subscription email, but the footer says "This topic is assigned to you at priority X". Have you received anything like that?

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

No such mails being received here, although we are both receiving standard digests.

Could it be anything to do with the customisation I have made to force people only to receive digests?
See: http://support.nabble.com/Forcing-Subscriber-on-Digest-tp7595086p7595215.html

It's important to retain the digest only option on subscriptions as those who top-post replies via email clutter their posts with much unnecessary quoted text that makes the forum difficult to read and search results confusing.

If my edit to the standard code is the problem, and I need to re-instate non-digest subscriptions, then would it be possible to remove all quoted text from email replies instead, so it does not just disappear under a link in the forum but is also ignored in searches?

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

Hugo <Nabble>
The customization is probably the cause of the problem.
I looked at the code and I believe the customization below should fix the problem, but I haven't tested it. Maybe you can try it and let me know if you need any help.

<override_macro name="instant_emails" requires="instant_mail,node_page">
	<n.if.page_node.has_topic_node>
		<then.if.page_node.topic_node.is_assigned>
			<then>
				<n.remove_from_instant_mail.page_node.topic_assignee/>
				<n.send_assign_email/>
			</then>
		</then.if.page_node.topic_node.is_assigned>
	</n.if.page_node.has_topic_node>

	<n.subscription_list.loop.>
		<n.if.current_subscription.user.should_get_instant_mail>
			<then.current_subscription.send_instant_email />
		</n.if.current_subscription.user.should_get_instant_mail>
	</n.subscription_list.loop.>
</override_macro>

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

GregChapman
That doesn't seem to have had any effect - and I'm too hazy to work out how the three levels over over-ride that now appear on that page interact.

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

Hugo <Nabble>
I looked at the code and it seems that we need at least one non-digest subscriber for that customization to work. So you could temporarily disable the "forced digest" customization and register a dummy user that will be a normal subscriber of the forum. Then you can put the customization back and try the workgroup feature again.

Re: WorkGroup Assignees Not Receiving Alert Emails

GregChapman
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for that. That does seem to do the trick.

I worry that having an INSTANT mail subscription might drown me in mail once the forum goes live and gets a lot more traffic. I'll let you know if I feel I need further help.