Rick - Weebly works, but it is not ideal. Yes, there are free accounts, but I'm paying a minimal fee to have a few more options.
- Easy to use. Drag and drop is so easy I taught high schoolers to use it in just a few minutes
- Doesn't always work right when editing. I can drag & drop an element in a place and it might go at the bottom of the page instead of where I put it. And sometimes you have to give up and move others around it instead of moving it.
- Can't add a page where you want it in the hierarchy. When you add a new page it goes at the bottom of the list and you have to then drag it to where you want it. That should NOT be attempted w/o a mouse or you are almost for sure going to drop it where you don't want it. And even with a mouse it is fiddly and slow.
- Limited options. While at first it appears that there are lots of widgets to drag and drop on a page, most of those cost on a monthly basis. And there aren't provisions for some of the functions I've wanted. Plus, the ones that are there are somewhat limited. For instance, the tabs function widget has no way to move the tabs around w/o deleting and re-entering.
- No migration. There are lots of migration tools from other websites to another, but none for Weebly. Or, none that work, although several say they do I'm here to tell you that they don't.
The bottom line is that if I was to pick some website function today it wouldn't be Weebly. But moving off it is so painful that I'm staying.