Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Coleen_Astalos
Is there a way (without asking the user to do it) to quote the original message in a reply post made via the online system?

I just transitioned my 1000+ members to the Nabble system on Thursday afternoon and it's been a major fiasco to try to train my members (who are used to communicating all via email) to do something different.    I can't get my email users to trim down the string of replies so it looks ok for web users.  And I can't get my web users to quote a portion of the original message to make the reply make sense to email users.  I'm pulling my hair out at this point.

If I could even just have the system automatically put in the <quote...> part into the message for them so the whole message was there, I would probably be better off.

Please let me know.  I've got a mutiny on my hands right now!
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Pedro
Don't you think it will make your reading and writing a bit dirty? With a few replies it will have a lot of quotes inside quotes like this:
Author3 wrote
second reply
Author2 wrote
first reply
Author1 wrote
first post

Re: Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Coleen_Astalos
Yes, I understand that.   That's the way it is with emails now anyway.   I can ask the web users (which is a MUCH smaller number) to trim out of the <quote> section the parts that aren't necessary.  But at least if it's in there (with maybe a blank line or two before it then I'll keep a majority of my users (the email users) happy.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Pedro
Please, try this:
<override_macro name="message_control" requires="node_page">
            <n.if.visitor.is_registered>
                <then>
                    <n.html_format_field.checkbox />
                        <n.editor_toolbar
                            textarea_id="[n.message_field.name/]"
                            original_text="[n.if.page_node.is_post][then.page_node.message_quoted/][/n.if.page_node.is_post]"
                        />
                </then>
            </n.if.visitor.is_registered>
            <n.message_field.textarea wrap="SOFT" tabindex="2" style="min-width:30em;max-width:55em;width:100%;height:20em;" />
            <n.new_post_extra_fields/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        Nabble.quoteOriginal();
    </script>
</override_macro>

Re: Way to quote message being replied to automatically?

Coleen_Astalos
Thanks, this works.
Coleen