Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Coleen_Astalos
Is there a way to move the link to attachments to the top of the email (right now they're near the very bottom and many of my email users don't see them.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Pedro
Which attachments? Do you mean the one when you upload a file via web application?

Re: Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Coleen_Astalos
Both.
1) Those uploading a file via the web application
2) But more so any file attachments coming in via email (that's how most of my users communicate - with email).

It's primarily pictures they're attaching.  I'm trying to get them to imbed the picture in the body of the email so it's visible right in the email.  But many members don't know how to do that (and it varies based on what email program they are using), so they just use the Attach File feature of their email program.

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Pedro
Coleen_Astalos wrote
1) Those uploading a file via the web application
You can easily change the download link  you using the Nabble interface. It's a piece of your text message.
Coleen_Astalos wrote
2) But more so any file attachments coming in via email (that's how most of my users communicate - with email).
I don't think so, but I'm trying to make it so.

Re: Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Pedro
After a long work day I finally made something that can help you.
This changes can warn your user that the file has an attachment:
<override_macro name="message_as_html" requires="message">
    <n.if.either condition1="[n.is_deleted/]" condition2="[n.is_deactivated/]">
        <then>
        </then>
        <else>
            <n.set_var. name="output">
                <n.as_html_list.process_message_html />
            </n.set_var.>
            <n.if.is_imported_mail>
                <then.set_var. name="output">
                    <n.move_att.var name="output" />
                    <n.remove_unsubscription_link.var name="output" />
                </then.set_var.>
            </n.if.is_imported_mail>
            <n.var name="output" />
        </else>
    </n.if.either>
</override_macro>

<macro name="move_att" dot_parameter="text">
    <n.regex text="[n.text/]">
        <pattern.att_pattern/>
        <do>
            <n.if.find>
                <then>
                    <n.att_warning/>
                </then>
            </n.if.find>
        </do>
    </n.regex>
</macro>
<macro name="att_warning">
</macro>
<macro name="att_pattern" dot_parameter="text">
        <![CDATA[
       \s*(Download Attachment)\s*
    ]]>
</macro>

Re: Way to move attachments links to top of email?

Coleen_Astalos
This is a step in the right direction, but here is the problem. If there are multiple replies to the topic via email then the replies are all strung together in the message.  So to find the attachment they have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email to get to the attachments links.

I would really like to have those actual attachment links at the top.  Is that possible?

Also, for some reason the icon in front of the links (in the email) is showing as a red X for me - instead of showing the actual icon of a page with a paper clip (on the website it shows the icon fine):

Any idea why?

Coleen