Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?

Coleen_Astalos
Is there a way to exclude emails that come from a particular member on behalf of LinkedIn?   When someone signs up for LinkedIn, it grabs the email addresses from that person's address book and sends invitations to everyone in it.  If that person has the email addresses for the various sections of the Nabble forum in their address book, it sends invitations to the forum.

We had this issue with Yahoogroups and were able to get LinkedIn to opt-out our Yahoogroups email address.  But with Nabble, everyone had their own email address for each section of the forum and while we can opt out each email address individually once an invitation is sent, that won't stop future emails from other members going through.

So we'd rather just block any emails from LinkedIn to start with.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?

Pedro
Please, post here some url's of these posts, if they have something similar and unique we can try to block them.

RE: Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?

Coleen_Astalos

The easiest way may be the subject line.  They are all : I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn

In addition, they all have "href='http://www.linkedin.com/blink?simpleRedirect=...." in the body of the email.  And at the end of the email they have © 2014, LinkedIn Corporation. 2029 Stierlin Ct. Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

Perhaps searching for "LinkedIn Corporation." would be an option.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, [hidden email]
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

Please, post here some url's of these posts, if they have something similar and unique we can try to block them.

http://support.nabble.com/Way-to-exclude-emails-from-LinkedIn-tp7591062p7591079.html

To unsubscribe from Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?, click here.
NAML

It looks like the user can set the subject line.  So searching the body of the message for the "LinkedIn Corporation" text may be preferable.
Coleen

RE: Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?

Pedro
I'm testing some spam rules to block that content. I'll let you know when I've done.

RE: Way to exclude emails from LinkedIn?

Are you still receiving lots of messages?

http://support.nabble.com/Way-to-exclude-emails-from-LinkedIn-tp7591062p7591235.html