VIEW COUNT GOING BACKWARDS

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

In the last 6 months my website
http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/
Has lost 100s of VIEW/hits counts -
Several times Pedro has added the lost count -
That’s good - But doesn’t FIX the problem -

Many tines when it’s dropped 10 or less - I don’t complain
But when it drops 20+ - abd goes up and down -  It needs fixing
I believe there’s a glitch in the code that causes this.
Would you see what you can come up with to fix the problem...?
I like to keep as accurate a count as I can.
Thanks - Claude

Re: VIEW COUNT GOING BACKWARDS

Pedro
Did you see if it happens at your first view check in a day? Or does it happen suddenly in the middle of the evening, for example?

Re: VIEW COUNT GOING BACKWARDS

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Did you see if it happens at your first view check in a day? Or does it happen suddenly in the middle of the evening, for example?
Pedro -

For the last 4 years - I visit my site 2 to 8 times a day and log all Views/hits to home page.
I can’t see a drop pattern -
It will go on OK fer a few dazes or  week, maybe months -
And then go backward anywhere from 5 to 40 views...
I have let the small drops go - but when it hits and drops 20+ I let Nabble know...
Gotta be a glitch somewhere...

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/
Claude

I'm checking your views hourly. If I see any decrease I'll check our server log to try to find the bug.

Re: VIEW COUNT GOING BACKWARDS

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
I'm checking your views hourly. If I see any decrease I'll check our server log to try to find the bug.

Thanks that's good -

But it might be a week or two before it starts again...
No pattern - when it stops going backwards - usually only once - it never puts back the lost count.
It will go backwards - and then continue on as nothing happened...

Claude