User Access: back door over people profile posts

User Access: back door over people profile posts

intercitylife
Hello
I have the following situation:
- I hide / made unaccessible the sub-forum "A" to "anyone", only allowing access to a certain group
- OK: For "anyone" (not logged in visitors) the sub-forum is correctly not shown and therefore there is no access
- NOK (security backdoor): If a not authorized "anyone" is going to people and selects there the profile having created the prohibited posts, it is here possible to enter/view the posts. Clicking from here to the sub-forum (on top forum level correctly not shown sub-forum) where the post is located, then however it again correctly does ask for login.
I would like to have this closed and hope it's a good hint anyway.
Thanks and cheers

Re: User Access: back door over people profile posts

Pedro
That is strange. I tested in my forum and it didn't happen.
Could you give me your forum url and the sub forum creator so I can see it on your forum?

Re: User Access: back door over people profile posts

intercitylife

The "view" permission to "anyone" is checked at this forum. Shouldn't it be unchecked?

Re: User Access: back door over people profile posts

intercitylife
Ah, yes. My fault. Now unchecked it works as expected. Sorry for this wrong alert (happy to do a favor in the future as well in order to give back the time you had to invest:-). Thanks

Am 16.09.2013 01:22, schrieb Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support]:
The "view" permission to "anyone" is checked at this forum. Shouldn't it be unchecked?

http://support.nabble.com/User-Access-back-door-over-people-profile-posts-tp7586492p7586520.html
To unsubscribe from User Access: back door over people profile posts, click here.
NAML