Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Atharva
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Gary Lewis
Atharva - I seem to have confused you when I said the problem arose on my forum when they moved me from N8 to S1.  But your forum is already on the S1 server.

Instead of asking to be put on the S1 server, I think you should be asking for them to turn on https.  In other words, enable security.  You didn't really ask them to do that.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Atharva
Thank you. I had mailed it but Nabble is not replying to me

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Israel <Nabble>
You should provide a custom domain so that we can enable https
for you.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Your forum "http://knowitian-forum.403.s1.nabble.com" should have a custom domain.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Atharva
How can i add a custom domain to my forum

Administrator
Go to options > change domain name and follow the instructions there.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Gary Lewis
I see that knowitian.com is taken, so I assume you bought it.  If so, that is your domain name.

But to use it appropriately you need to have it pointed at the forum on Nabble's servers.  This is NOT my area of expertise, but my domain name has this entry: CNAME forum s1.nabble.com.  That points my domain, garysgaragemahal.com, to the Nabble S1 server.

Then, on my forum under Options/Embedding Options I have it set up as below.  Is yours set up to redirect to your domain name?  If so, and if you have the domain name pointed at S1 via a CNAME entry then you should be good to go.

But if/when Israel enables https I think you'll need to change the embed code to be https.

Atharva
I just added CNAME record which points to s1.nabble.com and changes will be taken place in 24 hours. So hope it's goes well and forum is embedded in my website.

That's only one of the steps.  But a necessary step.  Israel still needs to enable HTTPS.

Done. I have added a custom domain.

You should request https. There is a thread for it: https://support.nabble.com/Https-Protocol-Request-td7600969i500.html.
If you built your site with Weebly or Blogger please don't embed your forum because it's not working properly.

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Gary Lewis
And now that https is enabled, when you go to knowitian.com and then click the forum tab you see the forum embedded on the site:

Yesssss🔥🔥
Thanks a lot for your support 😊

Re: Unable to embed nabble forum in my website

Gary Lewis
Welcome.  Glad it works.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/