TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

Harvey
I think there should be no topics view in a forum with no sub forums:

In the topics view above nothing changes except that the forum column at the far right has no purpose.

Here is the forum view for the same app:

Re: TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

Pedro
In topic view, that column shows which sub-forum contains that topic.
There is one at your forth page that fills this column.

Re: TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

Harvey
I see what you mean. Would it be hard to remove that column in every place except the root topics view?

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In topic view, that column shows which sub-forum contains that topic.
There is one at your forth page that fills this column.

http://support.nabble.com/TOPICS-view-in-a-forum-with-no-sub-forums-tp7587653p7587695.html
To unsubscribe from TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

Pedro
Please, edit your topics_table_columns macro like this:
<override_macro name="topics_table_columns" requires="app_namespace">
    <n.pin_column/>
    <n.topics_column count="[n.app_topic_count/]"/>
    <n.star_column/>
    <n.replies_column/>
    <n.last_post_column has_avatar_control="yes" white_space="nowrap"/>
    <n.views_column/>
    <n.if.page_node.equals.root_node>
        <then><n.subapp_column/></then>
    </n.if.page_node.equals.root_node>
</override_macro>

Re: TOPICS view in a forum with no sub forums

Harvey
Maybe it makes more sense to remove the topics button so you can't access that view.

I dont really know if I'll reorganize in the future and I don't want to set myself up to be confused.  The reason it looks wierd now is that subforum is for rules and never gets posted in.

Let me think on it.
HTTPS Please!