Space Limitation?

watchophilia
I just had an interesting thing happen, and I would like to understand why.  A discussion was on-going on one of my forums, and we were posting various images for review.  Then, suddenly , no one could post any more replies in the discussion.   I was able to solve the problem by editing prior posts to remove unnecessary information (like repeating of prior posts), and I deleted some of the images that had been posted in earlier replies.  Then, I was able to post a new reply.  Why did this happen?  Thanks.

Re: Space Limitation?

Pedro
Could you give the permalink of this thread?

Re: Space Limitation?

watchophilia
http://watchophilia-forums.32196.x6.nabble.com/Someone-please-tell-me-about-this-heirloom-tp191.html

Re: Space Limitation?

Pedro
Did you try to post an image? What did you post when it happened?

Re: Space Limitation?

watchophilia
Before I deleted images that had been posted already in earlier posts, I tried to post a reply with an image. When I clicked on the "Preview Message" button, I was taken to a blank page with nothing on it--no message, no image--nothing.  Another member had also tried twice to post a simple reply (no image), and he told me that his replies never "showed up".  I don't believe he got any type of error message; if he had, he wouldn't have been waiting for his message to show up in the thread.

After I deleted older content, including image files, I was able to post my message with image without a problem.

Sorry that I can't provide more information.  We both assumed that the thread had hit some sort of size limit--a theory that was supported by my deleting older content and then being able to post a new message with image.  However, when I researched the issue, I found that there isn't supposed to be a size limit on threads or forums, rather just single file size.

Did you try to post an image? What did you post when it happened?

http://support.nabble.com/Space-Limitation-tp7583930p7583934.html
To unsubscribe from Space Limitation?, click here.
NAML

Re: Space Limitation?

Pedro
Please, let us know when it happen again before deleting old messages.

Re: Space Limitation?

watchophilia
Okay, will do.  I thought there might be some obvious restriction that caused it--something I just wasn't aware of, but it sounds like that's not the case.  I'll let you know if it happens again.  Thanks.

Please, let us know when it happen again before deleting old messages.

http://support.nabble.com/Space-Limitation-tp7583930p7583941.html