Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, this is in our roadmap, mainly because we want people to develop modules and they should look at our code and understand it. But I am not sure when this will happen.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
No, not soon.  We know where we want to go with the code and we want to get there before making it public, so this is at least 6 months away.  But if someone in premium support wants the code for some reason, we can arrange that.

Re: Open Source Nabble´s Code

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Franklin <Nabble> wrote
We know where we want to go with the code and we want to get there before making it public
I like that.

Cross reference
Installable or hosted Nabble - SSL, VM (kicking the ball around)

Might open source distributions include a virtual machine?

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
Graham Perrin wrote
Might open source distributions include a virtual machine?
I am not sure I understand your question. We use Java 1.6, so this JVM you can download from the Internet.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Sorry, I meant virtual machine as in:

* a virtual hard disk to be run in e.g. VirtualBox, something like that.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
Now I don't understand why we need virtualization. Since we use Java, you can install it on any OS.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Graham Perrin
Will it require an application server such as JBoss?

Or just a JRE?

(Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines!)

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
We use Jetty as the application server. It is a small JAR file. So a simple JRE 1.6 works fine.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: open source, distribution etc.

Hugo <Nabble>
We want users to implement modules for Nabble. Besides that, our templates feature will require some knowledge about the code, so it should be available to the public.