Nabble support, please turn on my https

wjd0288
I want to embed my nabble forum to my website and according to the other thread I read, it requires to have same secured https format and nabble embed html is with http.
Nabble/ Irael can you please help me turn on https?

Thank you!

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Do you have a custom domain?

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

wjd0288
I do have custom domain, but currently running it with weebly which is chulzart.com and I want to create a forum page in there. Not a link to nabble.

If that works out, my parents also want to create a forum which may look more like Gary Lewis's website. https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Is it made with just nabble forum with domain attached? if know where can I do that?

Thank you sooooo much!

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

Gary Lewis
Gary's website is via Weebly.  But my forum moved yesterday/today from Nabble to InVision.

I do not recommend that you start a forum on Nabble.  Trust me, I have a whole lot of appreciation for Franklin, Filimonov, Israel, etc.  They've supported my forum for the last 7 years and I can't thank them enough.  But Franklin has stated that there is an end to Nabble, so I wouldn't start a forum there today.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

wjd0288

Hi Gary, I'm not sure if I'm searching the right one.
When I search for InVision, https://www.invisionapp.com/ and https://invisioncommunity.com/buy/ comes up.
Invisioncommunity starts with $89 per month? which is out of my budget as what I'm doing is just a startup.
On the other hand, invisionapp has free plan...? but I also found this. (image below)

At least according to this, I don't know which InVision, but one is discontinuing.

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

Gary Lewis
I'm using Invision Community and I have a $54/mo plan.  They've not gone out of business at all.

I understand the appeal of a free forum.  But you need to have a plan to get off it because at some point it will go away.  And since Franklin has already said it will go away there may not be much notice.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

wjd0288
True. I guess my best bet is to start with nabble and see how it goes.
If I can grow the community, I can move, but until then I need someplace easy to start off. That's how I found about nabble too.

@Gary, how did you get $54? it looks like the cheapest one is over $80 from my end.

@Israel, could you help me with the https first? xD thank you

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

Gary Lewis
I just signed up and that was an option.  Don't know what to tell you.

And, btw, I just discovered in Invision that if you type @ followed by the first few characters of a member's handle it'll pop up the handles that match.  Pick the appropriate one and s/he gets a message or email depending on how they have notifications set.

So yes, you can start with Nabble and then move somewhere.  But you'll find that Nabble is so rarely used that very few know how to port it to their platform.  But Invision now does as my 2300+ member site with an 8 GB backup file was moved yesterday and it came over with everything including our custom emoticons.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Nabble support, please turn on my https

Israel <Nabble>
wjd0288 wrote
@Israel, could you help me with the https first? xD thank you
I am dealing with a few issues on my end.
Most likely tomorrow everything will be okay
then I can help you with it.