NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta

Hi -
I have had several people tell me they are having problems registering on my site -
NO EMAIL is sent after REGISTERING - and not in SPAM folder.
I tried it wif a different screen name - no email was sent after registering...
Waited fer over an hour - no email....
How come...
I had this same problem about a year ago - but did not follow it up wif Nabble...
http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/
Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Pedro
Hi,
could you give me an email that didn't receive its confirmation?

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote

Hi,
could you give me an email that didn't receive its confirmation?

bobgilz was the screen name ----

ALSO what about my TOTAL VIEW COUNT.... ?

Claude
http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Pedro
Hi,
bobgilz has an AOL email account. Sometimes we have problems with AOL. For example, I've just get registred in your forum and receive the email notification in a few seconds, with a gmail account.
Anyway, let's wait a little bit for his email arrive.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Hi,
bobgilz has an AOL email account. Sometimes we have problems with AOL. For example, I've just get registred in your forum and receive the email notification in a few seconds, with a gmail account.
Anyway, let's wait a little bit for his email arrive.

Hi -
I waited 5 daez for the last Nabble Registered Confirmation - naver came...

I tried again today with  a new screen name and a different browser -
Several hours later - NO REGISTER CONFIRMATION... ?????
Get to the Nabble page - 'We sent a confirmation - might check Spam folder etc.'
No email confirmation from Nabble...

MOST of MY MEMBERS  ARE on AOL - It didn't used to make a difference - ?
But no way of registering on my web site - something is fer sure wrong?
Gotta be on yur end...
Claude

The problem here is not the browser, but his aol email. Try to make an gmail test account and you will see that your forum is ok.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta

Hi -

At least 50 of LOA Registered Members - of 85 Members - are on AOL -
Some recently joined - as recent as a month ago - some joined a few years ago...
But none had problems wif Registering and AOL -
It seems to work sometimes and not at other times????
But you say that is a problem NOW....  Using AOL to Register...
I would think you would look into this problem and fix it -
There are at least 5,000,000 AOL members -
It is not easy to get folks to join -
But then to tell them to go get another email source

As AOL and LOA/Nabble don't work together?????

That sucks and reely  won’t fly...

I suggest you look into the problem and fix it... AOL ain’t gonna change fer sure..
At least find a easy work around the problem...
I understand there is a lot of code to keep Nabble working properly - but this reely needs to be addressed.

Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

GregChapman
Perhaps the Nabble guys won't say this out loud for fear of upsetting customers, but when you say "AOL ain’t gonna change fer sure.." I can't but help remember the Betamax/VHS wars.

Are you old enough to remember the Betamax video format? Many argued the format was technically superior and stuck with it on that basis.

Moral: There does come a point where people have to accept that they are no longer in the mainstream and if their technology can't/won't adapt to the new world, then it's time to consider jumping ship, no matter how good a ship you think you're on.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta

Perhaps the page that says 'we are sending a email to complete your Registration'
Could contain a sentence in RED

"If you are using AOL to Register - Nabble and AOL don't work together - try a gmail account"

At least get the Problem Off The Site Owner...

Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta
GregChapman wrote
Perhaps the Nabble guys won't say this out loud for fear of upsetting customers, but when you say "AOL ain’t gonna change fer sure.." I can't but help remember the Betamax/VHS wars.

Are you old enough to remember the Betamax video format? Many argued the format was technically superior and stuck with it on that basis.

Moral: There does come a point where people have to accept that they are no longer in the mainstream and if their technology can't/won't adapt to the new world, then it's time to consider jumping ship, no matter how good a ship you think you're on.

Hi Greg -
Ya might be rite -

But I do believe the NABBLE Team do a tremendous amount of work - mostly fer free - and one slip of a period or colon - and the whole code comes down crashing... Been there done that...

I just wish they would fix this problem with Nabble and AOL - registering - they have fixed harder problems in the past

Claude

[...]

PS: I remember Betamax/VHS very well -
What was the one called that played Movies on somethin like a 24 inch record type?
Far sepurior to all else - but no record abilities.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Pedro
Hi,
I've got an new idea. I'll try it and will let you know its results.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Claude,
please, ask him to try again, because I've just registered in your forum with my aol account and got the nabble's registration email instantly.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Claude,
please, ask him to try again, because I've just registered in your forum with my aol account and got the nabble's registration email instantly.

Pedro -

The last 2 times - it was me that couldn't Register -
Tried different screen names - browsers - a week apart...

What did ya change if any?
That's what drives me bonkers...
Sometimes it works - and sometimes it don't...
Don't expect ya to - But bet if ya tried to Register 10 times  - I bet 3 or 4 times - it won't take...

Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Hugo <Nabble>
It is hard to tell where the problem was when you had those issues. Since no one else is complaining about this, I believe it could have been a glitch in AOL's system. But we just tested an AOL account and it worked fine. So you can contact those users who had problems with this and ask them to try again. I don't see why it won't work again (unless the email address was misspelled, etc.)

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta

Hi Hugo -

I can't figure it out -
I get a complaint about not getting and Email Coinfirmation on registering -
And I try it and it I don't get the email either....

But today at 3:04 (PST ? time) - an AOL person Registered - with out a problem I assume...
She never complained to me - just Registered !!!!

I can't remember the information that the Email Coinfirmation Email contains -
But wouldn't be easier to do away with the Email Confirmation?

THanks - Claude

THanks - Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
I can't figure it out -
I get a complaint about not getting and Email Coinfirmation on registering -
And I try it and it I don't get the email either....
How do you test this? Do you have a second AOL account that you keep trying to register?
ClaudeMobetta wrote
But wouldn't be easier to do away with the Email Confirmation?
No, the system must make sure you can receive emails before anything else.

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
How do you test this? Do you have a second AOL account that you keep trying to register?

I start clean - different Browser - Make a new AOL screen Name - open my site - and try to register...
All goes well until not getting the Confirming Email from Nabble...

No, the system must make sure you can receive emails before anything else.

Understand - but I get Nabble notices - like new memeber registered - and replies to my posts ets...

Thanks fer all yur time wif this....

Claude

Re: NO EMAIL FROM NABBLE WHEN REGISTERING

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
I start clean - different Browser - Make a new AOL screen Name - open my site - and try to register...
All goes well until not getting the Confirming Email from Nabble...
If you have an AOL account that is just for testing, you may set a dummy password and give me the login information so that I can try to register it. You can send that information to hugo at nabble dot com.