Mobile Friendly Apps

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey

Not that I've seen.  Its a droid

(via mobile)

On Jul 26, 2013 7:11 AM, "Harvey44 [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
For some reason on my phone I see fonts in different sizes.  On my apps and this forum too.

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7585566.html
To unsubscribe from Mobile Friendly Apps, click here.
NAML

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Got more people asking for Tapatalk. I've never used it but from what I can tell it's a way to make it easier to post on forums via phone.

Any thoughts of or plans to include tapatalk?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
Do you know if you can use it with any site?

Re: Mobile Friendly

I don't know much about it but it seems like many other forums use it.

(via mobile)

On Jul 26, 2013 5:06 PM, "Harvey44 [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Got more people asking for Tapatalk. I've never used it but from what I can tell it's a way to make it easier to post on forums via phone.

Any thoughts of or plans to include tapatalk?

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7585586.html
To unsubscribe from Mobile Friendly Apps, click here.
NAML

Re: Mobile Friendly

My plan is to take my site 100% responsive.

Can an embedded app be made fully responsive?  Can we integrate tapatalk into forums?

Does Nabble have plans to make apps responsive?

I just don't see how I can avoid this any longer. 30% of my traffic is now mobile.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Is there (or could there be) an API for Nabble?

I think Tapatalk could be a temporary solution until Nabble Forums are responsive.

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Upon further review having second thoughts about Tapatalk.  The forum admins who are using it are saying that members love it and it is driving all their traffic to mobile. But Tapatalk doesn't serve adsense (or any advertising) and revenue has dropped dramatically.

Re: Mobile Friendly

We discussed internally and this may take some time to happen. We are quite busy with other priorities and we are not sure when we will be able to address mobile issues.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
We discussed internally and this may take some time to happen. We are quite busy with other priorities and we are not sure when we will be able to address mobile issues.
Are you definitely imagining a future with a responsive nabble?

If so can you guys give a rough time estimate on this?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Would really appreciate a statement from Nabble on plan and timeline to make apps mobile friendly.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
Harvey, we are still checking our priorities and at this point we can't guarantee that we will have a solution in the next months.

Re: Mobile Friendly

When will you be able to provide a timeline?  I'm not looking for a guarantee.

We are working on making nabble work on cell phones and you can expect to see progress within X time

or

We have no plans to make nabble mobile

Switching to another platform is going to be a huge amount of work and likely fraught with issues.  I'd rather not do that and find out that nabble because mobile functional soon after.

On Mar 12, 2014 1:30 PM, "Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <
ml-node+s1n7589799h99@n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Harvey, we are still checking our priorities and at this point we can't
> guarantee that we will have a solution in the next months.
>  My test forum <http://pedro.2313024.n4.nabble.com>.
>

> ------------------------------
>  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7589799.html
> .
> NAML<http://support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
Do you have any specific change that you wish to see in mobile devices? Like these, for example:
http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-friendly-Nabble-td7589640.html

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Do you have any specific change that you wish to see in mobile devices? Like these, for example:
http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-friendly-Nabble-td7589640.html
It's not one specific change. I need a fully responsive site that adjust to a mobile phone.  I can get my main outer site to be responsive for a fairly modest investment but it does no good if what is in the iframe doesn't adjust.

In my opinion if nabble is be viable it's going to have to work on all devices.

Could you share your plans for mobile?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Is nabble now responsive?  If I embed it in a window that is responsive will it resize?  Do images work?

Thanks.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
It is not perfect, so you have to try it and see. The good news is that google considers the forum responsive enough, so there is no mobile penalty. If you want to try it, just install the "Responsiveness" add-on (Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons).

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
It looks like it is working unembedded. Images resizing anyway.

The customizations for ad units we built in the top space don't seem to work:

Hate to lose the ad revenue but I may ask you to help me remove them, unless you can make them stack properly.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Actually it isn't working. I am getting an endless scroll to the bottom of the page. It just keeps adding blank space above the bottom of the embed window.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey wrote
Actually it isn't working. I am getting an endless scroll to the bottom of the page. It just keeps adding blank space above the bottom of the embed window.
So the forum is embedded in this case, correct? How can I reproduce this?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
It is embedded. I'm sure I'd have to recheck the responsive box, then maybe you'd look on a droid?

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Harvey wrote
Actually it isn't working. I am getting an endless scroll to the bottom of the page. It just keeps adding blank space above the bottom of the embed window.
So the forum is embedded in this case, correct? How can I reproduce this?
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7594806.html

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog