McAfee Site Advisor Warning

Guys ... I'm not familiar with McAfee Site Advisor, except from what I have read here on the Nabble forums. Can't you tell me everything you know about these warnings, and how we can remedy this?

Re: McCaffee Site Advisor Warning

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
We don't know much more about this than you do.  We were sent this link:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/nabble.com?pip=false&premium=false&client_uid=2721283733&client_ver=3.2.0.152&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=false&aff_id=0&locale=en_ca&os_ver=5.1.3.0

We deleted the offending files and hopefully McAfee will realize this.  Users who are concerned can use our custom domain feature to change domains.

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Warning

Harvey
Thanks for the info. Sounds like that's all you can do.

What makes a file look like adware or spyware?

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Warning

jonaspm {Helper}
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Warning

Franklin <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
What makes a file look like adware or spyware?
These files really were adware or spyware.

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Warning

Harvey
Franklin <Nabble> wrote
These files really were adware or spyware.
What are the implications of this? What can we do to protect the system?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Warning

Those files were stored in old archives of Nabble. Only users that visited those old archives and downloaded those files could be affected. Since we already deleted those files, all users are safe at this point.