Long quote feature question

Harvey
When you quote something that is really long the forum shortens it.  Is there a way I can adjust or set the length of quotes that get shortened?

Re: Long quote feature question

GregChapman
I'm not a JavaScript expert but it seems the macro js_topic_and_post_functions contains the code that controls when to "Show rest of quote" and it works on the basis of the height the quote occupies. The default is 300px. You could try changing that figure.

Re: Long quote feature question

Harvey

Thanks.  I'm guessing that will work.

On Oct 31, 2015 4:33 AM, "GregChapman [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not a JavaScript expert but it seems the macro js_topic_and_post_functions contains the code that controls when to "Show rest of quote" and it works on the basis of the height the quote occupies. The default is 300px. You could try changing that figure.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!

http://support.nabble.com/Long-quote-feature-question-tp7596046p7596053.html
To unsubscribe from Long quote feature question, click here.
NAML

I wasn't successful with this.  It lengthened the space but that extra space was empty with no text.

Re: Long quote feature question

GregChapman
After I posted my reply I realised there was another reference to 300 earlier in the macro but with no reference to units which may be related. I'm not at home where it would be easy to experiment. I'd better pass this one to Hugo. Sorry.

Re: Long quote feature question

Hugo <Nabble>
Greg got it right (thanks). There are two references to '300' in that code. If you change one, you should change the other. You can try different values like 200, 400 or 500.

Re: Long quote feature question

Harvey
Thanks guys.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Hugo <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greg got it right (thanks). There are two references to '300' in that code. If you change one, you should change the other. You can try different values like 200, 400 or 500.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://support.nabble.com/Long-quote-feature-question-tp7596046p7596062.html

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog