Limit number of posts

Harvey
Guys i need help.

I have always stayed away from moderating. It requires a lot of work to be CONSISTENT, and if you aren't consistent you open yourself to a lot of trouble.

Here's my idea. I want a macro that will limit ALL MEMBERS to 10 posts a day. (Also want to be able to adjust the number.)

Something like this should work as  we are using it for spam:

if(posts_today > 9) ;

In my experience the only time people post more than 10 times a day they are in a flame war. And because I am applying it to all it would be consistent.

Can you bang this out today?

Thanks.

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
I'm working on it.

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey

Thx

On Oct 11, 2014 11:01 AM, "Pedro &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm working on it.

http://support.nabble.com/Limit-number-of-posts-tp7591916p7591917.html
To unsubscribe from Limit number of posts, click here.
NAML

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
Do you want to keep both: spam post control and members post control; or just the members post control?

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
There are two ideas here.

My original idea was just to limit offenders by putting them in spam. But thinking about it, I'm not sure I want to let actual spammers post 10x per day.

I thought if I limited EVERYONE then I don't have to justify my decision.  It seems that they only people who post 10x a day are flaming.

Thoughts?

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
Let's try this approach. I changed your user_request and user_response macros. Now users can't reply more than 9 times a day.
Take look and let me know what do you think.
I suggest that you let this working for a week to see if really works for you stop spamming and the "flame wars".

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
so right now the limit on all is 10?

was do user request and user response do?

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
The limit to all is 10.
At the topic page we have the user_request. So it "asks" user_response how many posts the current user has today. User_response sends to user_request the number of posts. Inside user_request we check if this number is greater than 9, if so the reply option disappear.

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
Looks like user request is the one to edit to change the amount.

http://support.nabble.com/Limit-number-of-posts-tp7591916p7591923.html

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
Yes it is.

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
Let's undo this feature.

The 24 counter isn't working or something.  I thnk what is happening is it is working on a rolling 24 hour time frame. I had 10 posts yesterday and was cut off. It was late so I went to bed. This morning I was able to post once and now I am cut off again.

Actually I'd like to move this feature just to the spam group and take it off members.

Sorry to be insistent but can we do this today?

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
Here's another idea.

Can I modify this code:

<macro name="user_request">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var posts_today;
        var path = '/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_response&user=';
        var url = Nabble.userId;
        $.getScript(path+url+Nabble.getClientID() ,function(data){
        posts_today = data;
        if(posts_today > 19){
        $('.reply_link').css('display','none');
        }
        });

    </script>
</macro>

to just apply to specific user IDs?

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
Does this work?

<macro name="user_request">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var posts_today;
        var path = '/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_response&user=454739';
        var url = Nabble.userId;
        $.getScript(path+url+Nabble.getClientID() ,function(data){
        posts_today = data;
        if(posts_today > 19){
        $('.reply_link').css('display','none');
        }
        });

    </script>
</macro>

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
Here is the code to make the reply link disappear when someone from the Spam group posts more then 2 replies in a day:
<macro name="user_request">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var posts_today;
        var path = '/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_response&user=';
        var url = Nabble.userId;
        $.getScript(path+url+Nabble.getClientID() ,function(data){
        posts_today = data;
        if(posts_today > 2){
        $('.reply_link').css('display','none');
        }
        });

    </script>
</macro>
<macro name="user_response">
    <n.if.user_from_get.is_in_group group="Spam" >
        <then>
            <n.user_from_get.node_count filter = "date_part('day',now() - when_created) = 0 "/>
        </then>
    </n.if.user_from_get.is_in_group>
</macro>

What should I do?

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey
Lets remove the post limit from regular users and add it to Spam.

Thanks.

http://support.nabble.com/Limit-number-of-posts-tp7591916p7592055.html
To unsubscribe from Limit number of posts, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
The Blog: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Limit number of posts

Pedro
Yes, if the user is in spam group the reply link will disappear, it doesn't matter if he is in other groups.
I changed your code.

Re: Limit number of posts

Harvey

Thanks Pedro.

http://support.nabble.com/Limit-number-of-posts-tp7591916p7592059.html
To unsubscribe from Limit number of posts, click here.
NAML
HTTPS Please!