Installable or hosted Nabble - SSL, VM (kicking the ball around)

Installable or hosted Nabble - SSL, VM (kicking the ball around)

Graham Perrin
Spun off from:
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp139679p139679.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1379486p1379726.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1561879p1602986.html>
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp2229606p2236602.html>

Will <Nabble> wrote
… alternative is to have an installed Nabble on your owner server with your own urls, then your selves are the super admins …

We are mulling over the idea of having a paid version of Nabble, either by licensing, you install the code on your own server, or perhaps have a separate instance with your url, for example, forum.yourdomain.com - and then to give the owner the same power as ourselves. …
More things to mull, at your leisure…

1. SSL-enabled instance hosted by Nabble; add security to privacy

2. VM — would an initial installation of Nabble, and updates/upgrades thereto, lend itself to virtualisation?

FWIW I'm most impressed with VirtualBox.

3. If not VM, what system requirements?

No rush.

Best,
Graham

cross reference

Graham Perrin
Open source Nabble's code

(Nabble, feel free to merge the two topics if you think it appropriate.)