Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

ClaudeMobetta

Hi -

I have always had problems wif Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page -
Fer about 3 years ----
Sometimes it works - sometimes not -
Today I was trying to insert an Imagine about 55 Kp - and it would not take -
I kept getting a notice "This Program can not display the web page"
I tried 3 times wif a clear cache... AOL 9.6 Windows 7
Not sure how to set the sizes - Left - Right - Center - So I just leave as is..
Why do I have problems wif it - about 1 out of 8 times it will take???
Any suggestions???

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Thanks fer any help - Claude

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

GregChapman
Hi Claude,

The first thing to say is that a (conventional) browser (AOL does tend to do things its very own way) will only display images that are saved in the JPG, GIF and PNG format, so don't try uploading BMP or other image formats.

I did note that the capcha image posted recently to this forum seemed to have been saved in an indexed format image with less bit depth than it should have had, so there are indications that you may not be saving images in appropriate formats and with appropriate settings. You might struggle with images on any web site, not just Nabble.

As to sizing and positioning images, I have a FAQ that I tend to post on most of my forums. Take a look at:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Inserting-Images-in-the-Forum-td1599211.html

Ask if you don't understand anything there. It's always helpful to know if my FAQs could be improved.

Note: The FAQ refers to truncating images wider than 750px. That is because that forum is embedded in a page that restricts the width of the forum. However, you'd still be advised to limit images to around that size as many visitors may use windows not a lot bigger in order to restrict the line length of text to make it easier to read. (You seem to have your own approach - posting huge text!)

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

ClaudeMobetta

Thanks fer the reply -
I tried to load another jpg (fer sur a .jpg) -
Different browser and a clear cache...
After browsing and selecting a jpg -
When I clicked “Incert Image” the Image box goes blank -
And no Image is posted... ?
Any other ideas?

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Thanks - Claude

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

GregChapman
I've tried doing all sorts of things and can't duplicate that behaviour (including clearing session cookies (NOT cache! How do you do that?) and having multiple tabs open and logging out on one of them before trying to insert an image in another which still claimed I was logged in).

However, just checking...
Do you really mean that the Insert Image dialogue is emptied of all values but remains in view, or do you mean that the dialogue disappears immediately after clicking the "Insert Image" button.

I do know that there may be circumstances in which the image upload feature doesn't work as expected. On a forum I moderate there is a user who claims that every time he inserts an image the image code is added at the bottom of the message, regardless of where the cursor was when he opened the Insert Image dialogue. I used to believe that it was something he was doing (because he also wasn't using the Float options properly). Then one day I had it happen to me. For me it only happened that once in hundreds of image uploads, but it proves it can happen.

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

ClaudeMobetta
GregChapman wrote
Do you really mean that the Insert Image dialogue is emptied of all values but remains in view, or do you mean that the dialogue disappears immediately after clicking the "Insert Image" button.

I do know that there may be circumstances in which the image upload feature doesn't work as expected. On a forum I moderate there is a user who claims that every time he inserts an image the image code is added at the bottom of the message, regardless of where the cursor was when he opened the Insert Image dialogue.
Hi Greg -
Yes after I click >browsing and finding the JPG I want - then Click >Insert - THEN POOF - the dialog box OUT LINE is there same size and position - but nothing in it - Other times it says 'can't finf this web' The first six months I had a Nabble site - the insert picture worked great every time - then slowly but surley - it got real fussie and usual would not load a picture...

About the html code always going to the bottom of the page - it has done that to me fer about 2 years... I just copy and paste it where I want it and it is OK...

LIke I said - it has always been a fussy process for me - but used to work about 30% of the time... Nothing last month or so....

Sur like to get it working as it should..

Thanks Claude

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

Pedro
Hi,
please, when it happens again, give me the image attributes so I'll try to reproduce this error in my forum and investigate it.
I've never been through this yet.

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Claude, you may also use a free tool like this to record a quick video and show to us what really happens in your computer.

Re: Inserting a picture in my Nabble Web Page

ClaudeMobetta
Hi all -

Yes it was my browser that kept me from putting picks in my LOA Computer Help plus - web site...
Members have been OK doing that - works fer them...
I did a test using my brower "Lunascape6" and I was able to insert a jpg...

I like Lunascape6 - it seems to be safe - and don't think it tracks ?
Think it is faster than FireFox and or Chrome...
Nice format for saving Favorites...

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Thanks fer yur help -

Claude