In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

kulath
In reply.naml, there is <macro name="new_post_extra_fields"

It tests page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive. How is that set/unset.

In the past, replies to the http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/ showed:

                                                        <n.alert_field.checkbox style="margin-top:.1em"/>

                                                        <n.send_node_as_email_input />

Now, suddenly this no longer shows. Presumably in the past is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive was not set and now it presumably is. How is it set/unset.

Re: In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

haozwang<Nabble>
the feature has been removed

Re: In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

kulath
haozwang<Nabble> wrote
the feature has been removed
(The attribute is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive still seems to be there).

What seems to have been removed is the possibility to get alerts when someone posts to an archived thread, and to email posts to individuals when a forum is an archive.

I used this all the time, and don't see why emailing posts is only possible for forums that are purely hosted on Nabble and not for forums that are also archives.

Removing this option is a real nuisance. Any chance it could be brought back?

Tim.

you can wait for the post to show up and then edit the post.  In the edit page, the checkbox for alerts is there and you can check it. The reason for this is because when you first post, there is no record in our database to put the alert in.
This is tied to the code change of not creating posts in archives until the mailing list sends the email back.  Because there is no post at the beginning, there is nowhere to record an alert, so we removed this feature when making new posts on archives.

Re: In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

kulath
haozwang<Nabble> wrote
you can wait for the post to show up and then edit the post.  In the edit page, the checkbox for alerts is there and you can check it. The reason for this is because when you first post, there is no record in our database to put the alert in.
This is tied to the code change of not creating posts in archives until the mailing list sends the email back.  Because there is no post at the beginning, there is nowhere to record an alert, so we removed this feature when making new posts on archives.
This explains why the checkbox for alerts is not present.

However, it does not explain why the feature to email posts to individuals is not present. This is actually more important to me!

I understand not creating the post in the archive till it has been accepted by the mailing list, but that would not stop you sending the email to other people at the same time as to the mailing list. Among other uses, I use this feature to send myself a copy of the post.

The option to edit the post after it shows up is no better, as it does not allow the post to be emailed.

Tim.

Re: In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

I think I know the problem and Hugo provided the code for me several years ago. Should be on the forum somewhere. I'll see if I can hunt it down.

Is this the problem...

Nabble assumes that everyone uses Gmail or any other email service that mixes InBox and SentBox to produce a SMS-style conversation interface where your own sent messages appear in the same view as inbound messages.

For a Gmail user receiving their own post back from the mail list is an inconvenience, as then it shows twice in GMail, once as a sent message and once as a received message.

Re: In NAML, how is "page_node.is_associated_with_mailing_list_archive" set/unset

GregChapman
Found it!

http://support.nabble.com/Convert-Forum-to-Mail-List-tp7580384p7580495.html