Improving Wording On Mail List Archives

GregChapman
There continue to be posts about mail list archive forums because of the confusion about the need to subscribe to the mail list itself if posts are to be accepted from the archive.

I offer a suggested wording at the bottom of a Free Support post today, which may reduce the queries.

Re: Improving Wording On Mail List Archives

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks for the feedback. I've changed the message only in the openscad forum as a test. You can see the description at the top of the page (http://forum.openscad.org/). The last line is the description of the app added by the forum owner, so it doesn't belong to the standard message. My change is here:
http://forum.openscad.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=mailing_list_information!custom_tweak:mailing_list_information&base=nabble.view.web.template.ServletNamespace&breadcrumbs=view_standard!nabble:view_standard.naml-view_standard_page!nabble:view_standard.naml-app_html!nabble:app.naml-app_body_header!nabble:app.naml

If you agree, I will move that change to the core Naml. Please let me know.

Re: Improving Wording On Mail List Archives

GregChapman
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your response.

I am not a user of OpenSCAD or its mail list and feel guilty that I have rather subverted MichaelAtOz's topic from his rather more specific query, which also needs a response from Nabble.

I do feel that the change to wording to that archive would help both new administrators and ordinary users if applied to Nabble's core code. I feel it better covers an often misunderstood technical aspect of archives and while leaving archive owners able to add further detail about their individual mail list through the description field.