How To Change Admin On Forum

buellerchris
How do I remove myself and add a new admin to the Blair Bicycle Club forum?

Thank you,

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Israel <Nabble>
Please provide the new administrator's email address and the link to your site.

The new admin email address is daved1952@yahoo.com and the forum link is http://blair-bicycle-club.63972.n8.nabble.com/

Thank you.

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Done!

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

daved52
Hello.  I'm the new admin for our forum.  (http://blair-bicycle-club.63972.n8.nabble.com/)  I'm just getting up to speed with everything that has been going on with the changeover to your single server.  It is my understanding that our forum was already changed to the new server but we have not had access to our forum for at least a month.  When we try to access our forum we get the following error message:

This site can’t be reached.  Check if there is a typo in blair-bicycle-club.63972.n8.nabble.com.
If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

When you moved our account to the new server, is there a change that needs to be made on our end with the link name?

Thank you

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
You should access the new link. Read the thread below:
https://support.nabble.com/Re-Downsizing-Nabble-td7611210.html#a7611411

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Rick
Dave I just got on no problem.  You need to start using, and tell everyone concerned, to use your new address.
The one with the s1, not the one with the n8, in it.

This is you.  http://blair-bicycle-club.318.s1.nabble.com/

The old address is gone, along with the server that hosted it,

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

daved52
And yep, I can get in using the new address as well.  I suspected there was a change to the address but apparently the person that is our website admin didn't get the message.

Thanks for your help!

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

daved52
This brings up another question.  I was (and still am) a registered user of the Blair Bicycle Club forum before assuming the duties of the admin.  I have a login name & password as a forum user & of course, I have a separate login name & password for Nabble support.

So as an admin, how do I manage, control or fix user problems or issues?  In other words, is there a manual (for lack of better words) that is available for admins to follow.  At the moment, if I log on to our forum I'm still there just as a registered user.  I don't see anywhere that enables me to perform admin duties.

Hope this question makes sense.  Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Rick

Dave I think I saw where you have to email Nabble to go from a user to admin.  I'm not sure.

You could just get the previous administrator to give you what he used and use that.

 Me, I have a user account at the site, with its own email, user name and password at Cyclevisor.com.
That's what I post most with.

I also have my administrator account, with a different user name and email. I rarely use that on the front side to post, mainly when I'm too lazy to re log on.  When you do get in as an admin, you just have too look and take note.  Admin gives you the ability to change most everything, delete and ban messages and members, under options and I think topics view.

Wanna freak everyone out, change the background on the site to black and fonts to pink lol.
It takes a bit of time, but compared to other websites and their builders, or tools, whatever each call theirs, it's not so bad.

As far as Nabble support, I use my admin email and user name, but a different password.

Hey, when you guys get tired of peddling, drop on over, we'll hook you up on what motorcycle is right for you!

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

daved52
Thanks Rick!  I was just recently made admin for our group because the other admin decided to start another career which took him away from out area (the nerve of him!)

Like you, I now have an admin account as well as my original user account on our forum.  I have been poking around on our forum and been discovering "admin" related options that I didn't have before just as a user, so I'm slowly figuring this all out.  I did see the option to change the background and I just might do something like that just to get everyone's attention!  :-)

I'll keep the motorcycle offer in mind!

Thanks for your input!

Dave

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

Rick

Dave. Bear in mind all the users are still trying to get in using the old address.

Which won't work.  They all might think the site just, shut down.

I ended up going to the "people" list, and sent every one of them the new address, and why.
Problem is, your site is probally http.   Which means unsecured.  And there are a few big email providers that will not deliver mail from an http website.  Unless the address starts off with https, they will not deliver it.
But, they will notify you.   And in that notification, the receivers, your members, direct email address will be shown.  Most of the time.  If so, notify them at that address.

Or, just call all the guys on the forum, or let them know at the next meeting what's up.

Hope this helps you Dave.

Re: How To Change Admin On Forum

daved52
Thanks again for the info Rick!  You are correct in that our club website is unsecured but before the server change we just had the old Nabble url imbeded into our website as a link to the forum & it worked fine.  I don't foresee us having a problem with the new Nabble url.  I've already contacted our club website admin to make the url change so I'll wait and see what happens.  If we do have an issue then I'll go to plan B as you suggested and send everyone in the group the new Nabble url.

We'll get it all working again eventually!
Dave