Hidden Subcategory?

Coleen_Astalos
I thought I read somewhere that it was possible to hide a particular category, visible only to a particular user group.  I know that you can make it so that a subcategory can only be viewed by a particular user group - but that's not what I'm talking about.  I don't even want the subcategory name shown to anyone who is not in the particular user group.

Is that an option?
Coleen

Re: Hidden Subcategory?

GregChapman
Coleen_Astalos wrote
I thought I read somewhere that it was possible to hide a particular category, visible only to a particular user group.
Is that an option?
Yes! But there are limitations. It doesn't seem to work with all applications and it doesn't work at all levels.

I have used it very successfully with a "Mixed" application at the root level when I can completely hide any given sub-forum. (and by implication any sub-forums below that, but I have not tested that.) It simply requires that the sub-forum's User permissions are set appropriately and the option at:
Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons > Content > Smart application pages
is checked.

I have tried using it elsewhere and with other applications (e.g. "Forum") and it has not worked.

I'm sure one of the Nabble Team can fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

Re: Hidden Subcategory?

If what Greg said doesn't work for your needs, we can handle it with naml.
Let me know which sub app do you want to hide.

Re: Hidden Subcategory?

Coleen_Astalos
I tried what Greg suggested, but it doesn't seem to be working - I am strictly using the Forum option, maybe that's why.

I want to the "Coordinator Discussion" Sub-forum to be visibile only to the user groups Administrators & Coordinators (I don't want any other users to even know the sub-forum is there - ie. not having it displayed on the main SUDSOL forum page).

However, I was the "Newsletter Co-op" Sub-forum to be visible on the main page to all, but then the contents of the subcategory only viewable by those in the "Newsletter Co-op"   I've got this set up currently the way I want.  I point it out just because I want to make sure that whatever you change to fix the "Coordinator Discussion" Sub-forum doesn't ripple into not showing this one.

This is LOW on my priority list of changes, but if it's something easy to do, that would be great.
Coleen

Re: Hidden Subcategory?

Pedro
What we can do now is opt: Everything that can't be seem will be hidden, or keep the way it is now.

RE: Hidden Subcategory?

Coleen_Astalos

Let's leave it the way it is now.

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, [hidden email]
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

What we can do now is opt: Everything that can't be seem will be hidden, or keep the way it is now.

http://support.nabble.com/Hidden-Subcategory-tp7586991p7587069.html

To unsubscribe from Hidden Subcategory?, click here.
NAML