Header adjustment

Priyanka_Mallu

Hi Pedro,

I have attached one image.
How to adjust the red heading?
As the replies increases the heading gets cut out.
How to rectify the issue?

Thank you,
Regards,
Priyanka

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

GregChapman
I think Pedro will need more information. I'm not quite sure what you are asking for.

Regardless of what you remove or make smaller on the message header bar people can always manage to write longer subject lines than space allows on their particular screen (as I have attempted to do on this post).

What do you want to happen with a long subject line?

What do you want to do when someone views even your short subject in a window that is so narrow the subject disappears?

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Harvey
GregChapman wrote
I put in a "max length" parameter to help with this issue.

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Priyanka_Mallu
Hi Harvey,
It would be very kind of you if you could help me out.
Thank you

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Pedro
In order to do the Harvey's suggestion, you can edit your subject_control macro:
<override_macro name="subject_control">
            <n.subject_field.input type="text" size="60" maxlength='50' tabindex="1" />
</override_macro>

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Priyanka_Mallu
This post was updated on .
Thanks Pedro and Harvey.

How to reduce the font size of the heading?

How to remove the heading from the reply section?

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Pedro
In order to  remove the heading from the reply section and reduce the font size of the heading, add this code to your css:
.macro_reply :nth-child(1){
display: none;
}

.classic-subject-line .post-subject {
font-size:5px;
}

Priyanka_Mallu
That's perfect. Thanks a ton Pedro !

Re: Header adjustment when you have a really terribly long subject line to a message that goes on and on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever

Priyanka_Mallu

Pedro this is how the heading looks like after adding the CSS.

Thank you