Deleting messages

Harvey
Not positive but I THINK if you post something, you can delete it completely if no one has replied to it.

If someone has replied then you get AUTHOR HAS DELETE THIS POST or something similar.

Is that true?

I'd like to be the only one who can completely delete something.

Re: Deleting messages

GregChapman
Yes - as I understand it.

Once a post has replies it becomes a vial node in the network of posts and a "placeholder message" needs to be present so that navigation doesn't get compromised.

Re: Deleting messages

Do you want that only you could delete the whole post even if it has no replies?

Re: Deleting messages

Harvey
I think so. Is that illogical?

Re: Deleting messages

Pedro
I think that if there is no replies the author could delete the whole post, that in this case is his own message. I think this might keep you forum cleaner.
My test forum.