Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

ivson
I have tried to change the title and meta tags of the forum. The attached images will show what I've tried. Having done this, I would expect the title on the forum page itself to show the new title, but it doesn't. What am I doing wrong?
Web URL:  http://www.lvrw.org

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

GregChapman
I'm not sure how you have reached the editing screen you are using but it's not the right one. From the Forum's home page go to

Options > Application > Edit name & description.

EDIT:
Ah! I see you've used:

Options > Application > Change title & metatags

This alters the HTML code that affects code in the invisible <head> tag on a page. The "Title" field affects what is shown on the tab of your browser and the metatags field affects information used by search engines and similar web crawling software.

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

This page title you have changed is the html one. See if at the top of your browser the tile is the one you typed.

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

ivson
Thank you both. Here's the code that I used with the Wix editor to create the forum page:

I want to change the title and heading on the forum page, so I tried by using the Wix HTML box to change "Tutors Talk" to "Literacy Teachers and Tutors Talk." The Wix editor accepted the change in code, but apparently the change has to come from Nabble, because what I did didn't work.

What do I have to do to effect this change?

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

Pedro
Please, follow the instructions Greg said here.

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

ivson
Thanks. That link Pedro didn't take me anywhere. But I did make the change just by paying better attention to what the choices were.

Re: Changing the title and meta tags of the forum

ivson
> Please, follow the instructions Greg said  here
> <http://support.nabble.com/Changing-the-title-and-meta-tags-of-the-forum-tp7589085p7589088.html>

Thanks, Pedro. I got it done -- finally.