Can't Upload File

GregChapman
On my rather heavily customised forum (lots of code added by Pedro) at:
http://ruston-reaches.1088553.n5.nabble.com/

I have just discovered that I am unable to upload a file. The upload dialogue never appears.

I note that my browser status line contains a whole lot more than the usual...

javascript:void%20Nabble.uploadFile();

when I click on the "Upload a file" menu option. It is always followed by a "?" sign and the full URL of the page in which the forum is embedded. I guess this long link is related to the non-appearance of the file upload dialogue.

Re: Can't Upload File

Hugo <Nabble>
I fixed the problem. Please try to upload a file and let me know if you still have issues.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
Many thanks Hugo,

That appears to have fixed things.

I now get the normal: javascript:void%20Nabble.uploadFile(); link on the browser status line.

I haven't actually, posted a file as I don't want my subscribers to be annoyed by a test post. However, the Upload dialogue does now appear and when I preview the message download link on the preview works. I think that is sufficient test.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
I now have a problem that may be related to your fix, as I don't recall it existing before today.

The "Back" link at the top level of the forum ( http://ruston-reaches.1088553.n5.nabble.com/ ) takes you to a double-embedded page i.e. The entire embedded forum becomes embedded so there are two "site headers" on the page.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
There also seems to be a further completely unrelated embedding problem.

A newly registered user has just posted her first message. I am subscribed and when I click the link in the email  footer I get a 404 error.  This is because the link is taking me to an old host at:
http://www.rustonreaches.plus.com/forum.html#nabble-td202

It should go to the site at:
http://www.rustonreaches.co.uk/forum.html#nabble-td202

I deleted the file at rustonreaches.plus.com when I stopped using the free web space that came with an old dial-up account. However, it seems that Nabble still thinks the link exists although I re-linked the page to the new host once I'd obtained the rustonreaches.co.uk domain. I assumed the old link would be replaced given I'd put new embedding in place. Guess I should have known better!

Re: Can't Upload File

Hugo <Nabble>
I fixed the "Back" link, please test it and let me know if you see more issues.

About the 404 error page, maybe some node had (or still has) that URL set as the embedding page. If it happens again, please provide a link to the node so that I can track it down.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
Hi Hugo,

The problem appears to be with the "Shareholder's Area":

http://ruston-reaches.1088553.n5.nabble.com/Shareholders-Area-f4.html

This has, effectively, been out of use since around the time of the move of server.
Yesterday, I began to get new people to post there and that is what uncovered the problem.
I don't recall ever setting up a Redirect to that particular sub-forum, but I guess I must have done.
A quick check on all other sub-forums seems to suggest the issue is related to that one sub-forum.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
Unfortunately, I've encountered another completely unrelated issue with my Ruston Reaches forum:
http://ruston-reaches.1088553.n5.nabble.com

On my forums on the n3 and n4 server I have the ability to edit a user's profile. This doesn't appear to be in place on the Ruston Reaches forum. Those who own cottages in the complex have tended to register with their cottage name as their username.

Now when we have a change of owner, it becomes impossible for the new owner to adopt that name. I'd like to be able to change an ex-owner's username to their own name, so that new owners are free to adopt the name of their cottage as their username.

Re: Can't Upload File

Hugo <Nabble>
I fixed both issues (bad redirect URL and edit profile link). Please take a look and let me know if you still have issues.

Re: Can't Upload File

GregChapman
Both issues do appear fixed.

Many thanks.