Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
Hi Israel, is this possible to implement for my site? Otherwise I am not able to have (SSL) security on my site, which is bad for business. Please let me know if I can pay you for this help or anything - this is one of the first steps in opening my new business!

Thank you,
Max

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
You have to provide a custom domain so that we can enable https for you. Please read:
https://support.nabble.com/HTTPS-Protocol-td7600829.html

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
Thank you for the answer! When you say "provide a custom domain," does that mean tell you the link to my site? I believe it is a custom domain, since it is www.ezanimalrights.com and is its own domain.

As you can see, I am somewhat illiterate on this topic, so trying to figure it out. I read through the thread you linked. Am I supposed to change something called CNAME on my website to something else? Do you know how to do that?

Sorry for all the stupid questions - totally lost on this.

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
Hi Israel,

I changed my site back to https by turning on the SSL. Is that all I had to do? And now, from your end, can you make the Nabble match it?

I am just not sure, now, what I'm supposed to do with "CNAME" (nor what that is) and how to request that Nabble can match my site so that it will show up.

Here is my custom domain: https://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html

(I think it is a custom domain. I am not sure what that means.)

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Your forum should have a custom domain.

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
Thank you Israel. Is that something I do in the embedding options here on Nabble? How do I give my forum a custom domain?

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

GregChapman
wigbate, check out my post at:

https://support.nabble.com/Forum-is-not-embedding-on-Weebly-tp7613364p7613397.html

Re: Can SSL be turned on on Nabble's end so that it can match my site?

wigbate
Hi Israel,

With some help from this forum's excellent users, I have succeeded in giving my forum a custom domain.

I am now requesting that you implement SSL for me.

Here is the Nabble location of the my forum:
http://ez-animal-rights-forum.504.s1.nabble.com/
and the new address:
http://forum.ezanimalrights.com/
which you'll see is already working.

Now that I have a custom domain, could you please turn on SSL for me?

Thank you,
Max