Can I use a CNAME record as a custom domain

Can I use a CNAME record as a custom domain

ajac63
This post was updated on .
I recently created the CNAME record forum.talk-it.net that points to s1.nabble.com, so could I have this as my custom domain for embedding my forum?

Ok, so I've now made http://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com as my custom domain which was accepted as it is pointing at s1.nabble.com, but it still begins with http.  I was told that https could be applied!!!!!!!

Re: Can I use a CNAME record as a custom domain

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Https applied to the following domain: http://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com

Re: Can I use a CNAME record as a custom domain

ajac63
This post was updated on .
Israel <Nabble> wrote
Https applied to the following domain: http://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com
Great thankyou!  The padlock symbol is now showing.

Now I just have to apply the embedding code/s to the actual html page and pray that the forum actually embeds.
---
Unfortunately the forum is still not embedding into the page/s even with https applied.

This is the embedding code that I used which seems to be in order.

<script type="text/javascript"> nabble_width = "1470px"; nabble_scroll_top = true; nabble_ignore_title = true; </script><a id="nabblelink" href="http ://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com">talk-IT forum
<script src="http://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com/embed/f1"></script>

Other info:

The forum does show as embedded if http is applied in the address bar ( http://www.talk-it.net ), but this is no good, because visitors will think the site is not secure.

Re: Can I use a CNAME record as a custom domain

ajac63
Israel <Nabble> wrote
Https applied to the following domain: http://forum.talk-it.net.s1.nabble.com
Right, I now know where I went wrong.  Silly me, I had forgotten to change the http instances to https in the embed code, and that's why the forum wasn't embedding.
The forum now embeds just fine, so I'm happy now :)