Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Coleen_Astalos
I want non-registered users to be able to post in HTML (including inserting images into the post).

So, I've updated the message_control macro to allow HTML posts for non-registered users (by removing the If check on registered user).  However, the Insert Image button is not working properly.  All it brings up is a tiny blank dropdown box below the insert Image button instead of the normal drop down box that allows you to select the image to be uploaded.  Can you help me fix this so non-registered users can post pictures?

My site is:  http://sudsol.1100894.n5.nabble.com/
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Pedro
I will see it. But I couldn't post anonymously.

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

I found the problem. Nabble was no designed that way. The file table in the database requires a user_id and anonymous users don't have that information. Changing this part of the code isn't easy and would require many hours of work.

You can keep it for the registered users, which I think will be the mostly on your site, or we can make a button like the "link" button: A button that create an img tag where the user can save the address for a outside image.

What do  you think?

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Coleen_Astalos
I was trying to keep from requiring my users to register and thus have two logins (one to access our website and then another one to access nabble).  My site is a creative site, so posting pictures is essential.

So maybe that takes me back to the question about what type of password system is used for nabble and is there a way to integrate it with the password system we use (.htaccess) as I was talking about in this support request: http://support.nabble.com/Nabble-Passwords-td7586707.html

Coleen

What do you think about the button I suggested?

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Coleen_Astalos
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
we can make a button like the "link" button: A button that create an img tag where the user can save the address for a outside image.
I don't think most of my users have a place to load an image that they would link to.  Too sophisticated for most of my users (many of them have a hard time even finding the image on their OWN computer).

What is the format of the user_id?  Would it be possible to assign a user_id based on the name they enter when they go to post?  (as shown here):

Or maybe add a email address field in the same location and use that (you'd know it would be unique to each user that way).

Coleen

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Coleen_Astalos
Another idea to explore...  Is there a way in the file table in the database to set a default user_id for anonymous users?  What I mean by that is say EVERY anonymous user is given the user_id of ANON  (or something that is consistent with what the format of the user_id is).

This functionality is VERY HIGH on my priority list of trying to get to work.
Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Pedro
We would have modify our system structure only for your site. We are thinking in other solutions.
Can I see your main site, where our app is embedded?

Nabble is embedded on my website here: http://www.sudsol.org/members/nabble.php
I sent you a login/password via email for you to be able to access this page as it's behind my password protection area.
Coleen

I think since you gonna register your users, this is not an issue anymore, isn't?

Re: Allow HTML posting by Non-registered user

Coleen_Astalos
Correct.  All my users will be registered users.
Coleen